deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Not sure why we were signing a midfielder in the first place, we have:

Crofts
Ince
Forster-Caskey
Toko
Stephens

The focus really has to be on the defense.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I was underwhelmed by this potential signing as were, I think, a lot of people so the fact that his move has fallen through is no big deal. No doubt the club has a few other juicy signings lined up. Perhaps they are waiting for as long as possible to sign them to save on a few weeks wages? In these cash strapped times, this probably makes sense.

Last edited:

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I think that after the performance against Belgium, the value of those players has just gone up.

I would certainly think so. But there are also lots of good young players in general though that will remain cheap(ish). Deandre Yedlin, who had a stormer against Belgium, Diego Fagundez (Revolution), Russel Tiebert (Whitecaps), Louis Gil (Salt Lake), Donnel Henry (Toronto), Will Trap (Columbus) top my list of players I'd love to see us take a serious look at.

Edit: oh and Mikkel Diskerud who plys his trade in Norway.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
The Aussie league is so piss poor that it probably wouldn't have been a good signing anyway.

Oh I see, we'll only ever sign players from the Premier League, Serie A, La Liga etc from now on. What absolute nonsense. Where do you think the majority of the current World Cup stars started their careers?

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You're failing to take into account how bad the Australian League is. The bloke is 24, he's not going to be the next Tim Cahill.

You cannot judge the Australian League set up just by the football pools matches on the coupon over the summer. The quality of football in their top league is much better than the Scottish Premier for instance.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
That Austrailia WC squad had more than a few players I would not mind seeing in an Albion shirt.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
When I was living in Australia 3 years ago, I'd say the A-league was the equivalent to mid/low league 1 standard, saying that, Brisbane Roar at the time were playing great football and would have been a top 4 league 1 team.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I've caught a couple of aussie games in the past and it's comparable to watching those random Middle Eastern matches - the tactics and quality of football are so poor, I suspect even the Scottish League is higher quality. It's not a surprise that when they import average or past-it foreign players they tear that league apart. A 40 year old Del Piero is scoring for fun there for example, and would the likes of Emile Heskey even get into a Championship team anymore?

At present the Scottish Premiership has Celtic plus 8 of the other 11 clubs in that league would struggle to survive in our League 2.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
If we're after an Aussie we should go after Chris Herd from Villa. Fringe player that divides opinion amongst the Villa supporters but is a steely player who can play at the back or in midfield. Could do a job...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here