ankergren-27jun14-ld229-1708063_478x359.jpg

Casper Ankergren
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:00 1st July 2014
by James Hilsum
I’ve always wanted to sign a new deal here."
Casper Ankergren
2014/15 season tickets are now on general sale. Call 0844 327 1901 or buy online

Brighton & Hove Albion goalkeeper Casper Ankergren says he is relishing the prospect of working with new boss Sami Hyypia at the American Express Elite Football Performance Centre, after agreeing a new contract with the club. The Dane, who has signed a new one-year deal, told seagulls.co.uk, "I'm really pleased and very happy. I’ve always wanted to sign a new deal here. I've met the new manager and he is a guy who wants to play good, entertaining football, but he also wants us to work hard."That's always been what I’ve done throughout my career. It's really important that hard work always comes first and I’m sure the club has got the right man for the job.
"Personally the target is to do as well as possible and play in as many games as possible. From a team perspective we want to finish higher than last season."
Ankergren has been blown away by the club's new training facility, and added, "It's a massive boost to be here at the new training ground, there are some top facilities and we now have no excuses. It's going to be a joy to train here every day and I'm really looking forward to it. I've looked at the pitches and already got lost!

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK*

"We all need to get used to where things are, but it looks fantastic. I just want to get the hard running out of the way, put my gloves on and play."This club is geared for the Premier League with the stadium and new training ground, we now just need to put it right on the pitch."
Ankergren says he will be aiming to stake a claim for the number one jersey, but is expecting new competition following the departure of close friends Tomasz Kuszczak and Peter Brezovan.
"It doesn't matter who's here, whether Tomasz or Peter are here or not - my aim is always to play as much as possible. So in that way it doesn't really change a lot for me. Peter and Tomasz were two players that I was close with, and I was sorry to see them go, but it's part of football."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here