The establishment and historic child sex abuse

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

Chief Wiggum

Apr 30, 2009
As decisions go this one truly stinks.

Not in the public interest? What about the interests and rights of the 20+ young men he is alleged to have abused?

I don't care how old or how ill Janner is he should be held to account.

There is a case for saying that having a defendant with an advanced case of Alzheimer's makes it difficult to achieve a meaningful fair criminal trial. BUT ... this doesn't rule out referring the matter to the full scrutiny of whichever one of the Inquiries that have been set up would be appropriate.

Chief Wiggum

Apr 30, 2009
There is a case for saying that having a defendant with an advanced case of Alzheimer's makes it difficult to achieve a meaningful fair criminal trial. BUT ... this doesn't rule out referring the matter to the full scrutiny of whichever one of the Inquiries that have been set up would be appropriate.

I agree that IF his Alzheimers is that bad then it would make a trial difficult if not impossible. However remember this case? http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernest_Saunders

Should they wish to do so, those victims should be allowed the right to disclose - in full detail - the alleged offences that were committed against them and who carried out those alleged offences. If this has to be in the form of some other inquiry then so be it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There seems to be a pattern emerging here for MPs:

1. Drop enquiry if MP still fit.
2. Reopen enquiry once chronic medical condition diagnosed.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
Appalling really but not surprising. Let's hope after the election the police and the authorities will make headway into bringing people to account. There is a rich seam of Conservative individuals to have their comeuppance soon. It's about time some of the victims got justice against these evil monsters.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
sergeant Mick Creedon was ordered not to arrest him and that must have been before 1989 as that was when he reported it to a newspaper
I don't like to say this but why do we have police when they are hamstrung by politicians
one case then and the floodgates would have opened
all starts coming out when its to late
if they the police know who these people are arrest them and lets get on with ridding ourselves of this scum

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I get very uneasy with party politics in this thread. Cyril Smith was a Liberal, Greville Janner was Labour and Leon Brittan, Conservative. They all got away with it. This is not a party political issue.

its not
the only thing that connects this lot is they are all scum

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Some very interesting stuff on the Exaro Twitter account at the moment.

https://twitter.com/ExaroNews

Leicestershire police "livid" about the decision not to prosecute.

yeh and I am livid at all the police who ignored the kids who came to them asking for help
its about 20/30 years to late to start complaining about prosicutions

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
I get very uneasy with party politics in this thread. Cyril Smith was a Liberal, Greville Janner was Labour and Leon Brittan, Conservative. They all got away with it. This is not a party political issue.

Indeed and it goes beyond party politics too. I have read that Exaro site, there are references to top brass in the military, judiciary, police forces, show business, civil service, royalty and others!

The CPS should go after these scum until their dying breath. I am fuming about Jenner.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Indeed and it goes beyond party politics too. I have read that Exaro site, there are references to top brass in the military, judiciary, police forces, show business, civil service, royalty and others!

The CPS should go after these scum until their dying breath. I am fuming about Jenner.

I don't think anything will really get done until we are all outside Buckingham Palace with pitchforks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here