Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa wants out?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Switching your entire coaching team every season cannot be good for player retention.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Brighton striker Leo Ulloa will today tell boss Sami Hyypia he wants to be allowed to leave.

The Seagulls have already rejected a £7million bid from top flight new-boys Leicester.

New Brighton boss Sami Hyypia has also insisted he wants to keep the 27-year-old, who has scored 26 goals in 58 appearances since joining Brighton in January last year.

But Ulloa will return from his holiday back in Argentina today and make it clear to Hyypia that he wants to be given the chance to play Premier League football.

Ulloa wants Brighton to listen to the bid from Leicester and give him the chance to fulfil his ambitions and play at the highest level.

The striker has considered his options during his break, which was due to end on Friday but was extended because of travel problems.

But Ulloa's resolve has now hardened and why he will not attempt to hold Brighton to ransom he will leave Hyypia in no doubt that he feels he has given enough to Brighton in his 18 months on the Sussex coast - which have brought back-to-back play-off disappointments - for the Championship club to understand his desire to play at the highest level.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
No direct quotes, no sources mentioned. Nothing.

Ulloa may well want to leave, but the story is made up.

edit: the journalist that this is attributed to isn't in the country.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Let see what happens. I think the Mirror has form in just making stuff up that it thinks fits. Not saying its not true, but not willing worry about it either.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
the Mirror:lolol:

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I've considered for a long time that we could probably do better - especially with 7 mill. He spent the majority of the end of last season looking disinterested, and spending more time arguing with the ref over the smallest of things. If he'd channeled that energy into his football he would have scored 30+ goals last season.

Probably time to say adios, and thank you.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Switching your entire coaching team every season cannot be good for player retention.

This constant jump to criticise the club is getting on my wick tbh.
Change of staff is not an issue for any player....he will get another new coaching team at Leicester.
It is about money (and nothing wrong with that IMO).

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Haha.

Based on what? You are just guessing.

I'd say he wants out, and rightly so. Probably can earn 2.5x more than he can here.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
No direct quotes, no sources mentioned. Nothing.

Ulloa may well want to leave, but the story is made up.

Really ? Why make up a story ?

1 To fill a paper on a quiet news day.
2 To try and get a name for yourself.

Regardless of what people think of the Mirror, I am sure their chief sports writer wasn't under any pressure to come up with a Championship related story today.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton

Our apparent inability to out maneuver other clubs in the transfer market can't help.

I think we'll sign some unknowns from abroad because it seems if there's interest from other Championship clubs we miss out..

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Personally, I think Leo needs to have one more season in the Champ to establish himself (injury-free) as a 20+
goals a season striker. But if he ain't interested - then no point holding on.

It would not surprise me if Leo has asked for the Club to at least look at the offer, if I was a professional player I'd want to play at the highest level, and get shit loads of cash in the process.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm inclined to agree.

He's a quality player and I'd love for him to be here when next season kicks off. But only if he wants to be here.

This has put me in a dilemma.

Whilst I would normally 100% agree that any player who doesn't want to play for the club should be allowed to leave, l'm also well aware that if Leo does go, we are left with only one fit(tish) senior striker at the club.

If we could be completely sure that the x amount of millions we receive from Leicester (or elsewhere), for Leo's services, would be ploughed back into the playing budget to enable us to bring in suitable replacements, then yes, l'd also be inclined to say let him go.

The problem is though, WOULD all of the fee find it's way back to Sami? Time is against us in finding a suitable top class replacement too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here