Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Belgium vs Russia

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Just checked out Lukaku's stats to relieve the boredom. Very impressive goal scoring record for Anderlecht, West Brom & Everton. Not so great at International level, which has been borne out here so far.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Typical. Rubbish game but would have settled for the vcash draw. Oh well.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
My heart bleeds for Capello, the mercenary money-grabber.

Watching Russia has been about as much fun as watching England at the 2010 World Cup.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
So 6 points in the group so far and Belgium have done next to nothing for them. Lets the hype continue I suppose if you look at the results without watching the games :lol:

Someone was talking nonsense on here about a fix on France having an "easy group" and how England would have easily qualified from it. I think they would have been right about us in this group though - it's been very poor.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Belgium are no better than England were four years ago. As soon as they meet a Germany or France in the knockout stages they'll get creamed.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
So 6 points in the group so far and Belgium have done next to nothing for them. Lets the hype continue I suppose if you look at the results without watching the games :lol:

Someone was talking nonsense on here about a fix on France having an "easy group" and how England would have easily qualified from it. I think they would have been right about us in this group though - it's been very poor.

I think England's group is the toughest - arguably Spain, Holland, Chile and Australia is on a par, but Uruguay were beaten semi-finalists last time, Italy are obviously difficult opponents - and then there's Costa Rica, who have beaten them both! When you see some of the other groups, I think you can say we would probably have qualified for the next stage had the draw been kinder.

It's a shame England are out in respect of the fact that at least we played with some attacking verve (albeit intermittently) during those two games and created a fair number of chances - especially when you see Belgium and Russia, both of whom have been incredibly boring so far, but who will progress. Italy and Argentina have also been very disappointing.

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
Not impressed with Belgium so far, although, I suppose they have done whats necessary to qualify (unlike us). Unless there is an improvement, would expect them to get knocked out once they meet a half decent team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here