Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Important Question

If you are walking down Queens road from the station, which side do you walk on?

• The LEFT SIDE

Votes: 21 33.9%
  • The RIGHT SIDE

Votes: 41 66.1%

• Total voters

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I always walk on the right side (West) to the Clock Tower but curiously, when I walk to the station it's on the right (East) side.

me too...i wonder how many people that use the left are say left handed for example,there must be some interesting scientific facts and reasoning behind why..at an unconscious brain level.
it makes you wonder..

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It depends where I'm going. If it's Western Road, then down the right, but down the left for North Laine, North Street or when I went to the club shop (now closed).

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
me too...i wonder how many people that use the left are say left handed for example,there must be some interesting scientific facts and reasoning behind why..at an unconscious brain level.
it makes you wonder..

It does.

I'm wondering whether the OP is writing a thesis on "Motivational Factors Determining Left Hand Versus Right Hand Modes of Locomotion Between Brighton Station and The Clock Tower" and we're just unwitting pawns in his lazy but ingeneous research?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
It does.

I'm wondering whether the OP is writing a thesis on "Motivational Factors Determining Left Hand Versus Right Hand Modes of Locomotion Between Brighton Station and The Clock Tower" and we're just unwitting pawns in his lazy but ingeneous research?

Then i have been well and truly devoured too! :eek:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Left, right always more crowded and I need to hang a left from Queens Road at some point to get home.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Where's the option for right in the morning, left in the afternoon. Always in the sun :cool:

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Right during daytime as its where the sun is. Plus the BBC studio adds interest to that side and historically it had the shop with the glass sculpting man.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
A great shame the area is dominated by buses and taxis.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a plaza with fountains and lots of outdoor eating?

I go on the left, so I can slink in to relative harmony of North Laine easily, avoiding the rest of the monstrosity.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
What about walking back up to the station, do you stay on the side used to walk from the station or the opposite one. Indecision....

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Right during daytime as its where the sun is. Plus the BBC studio adds interest to that side and historically it had the shop with the glass sculpting man.

Yeah, the glass animal man. I remember seeing him as a smallish kid on one of my first trips to Brighton either when I lived in sheppey or had just moved to Lewes. Either way it seemed impossibly clever and the sort of thing that only happened in the ridiculously glamorous other world that was Brighton.

Right side for me then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here