Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The level & Open Market,

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Damn, you've beaten me on special features. Mine is only 10 inches and platted with dreadlocks

That's not the kind of admission you'd read every day.

Perhaps coming second isn't so bad......

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
And the old wholesale fruit & veg market moved, I believe, to Crowhurst Road (near Asda, Hollingbury) which is better for road transport.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I'm glad you said that. I was down there a few weeks ago (the London Road area is the furthest I go into town these days) and the Open Market was quite depressing, like a poorly-stocked Soviet-era farm market in an aircraft hanger. And no toilets! At my age I need toilets, hopefully they'll be added before it's finished.

The Level on the other hand was great - although I guess this was before the Fair that Freddie mentioned.

I love the Open Market, really cheap and decent quality cheese, egss and veg and near Principal for some lovely sausages.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
"PS_ any idea what's happening to the old wholesalers market, opposite all nite diner?"

And the old wholesale fruit & veg market moved, I believe, to Crowhurst Road (near Asda, Hollingbury) which is better for road transport.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I was there last Friday. It looked nice, but I wouldn't get too excited

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm glad you said that. I was down there a few weeks ago (the London Road area is the furthest I go into town these days) and the Open Market was quite depressing, like a poorly-stocked Soviet-era farm market in an aircraft hanger. And no toilets! At my age I need toilets, hopefully they'll be added before it's finished.

The Level on the other hand was great - although I guess this was before the Fair that Freddie mentioned.

Keep meaning to add that there are toilets. I don't know how open the market remains outside training hours so they might not be accessible outside them, but if you enter the market from the Level side, they are on the left by the stairs to the upper section.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I heard the studios can only be used until 7 pm. If that's true they won't get let or not for long anyway.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Why would you want to remain open to customers beyond 7pm - especially if the rest of the market is closed?

I may have this wrong but the studios are for artists, textiles and other makey people? If so most of them will want to work into the night in my experience, having a cut off time will really put people off.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
That's all very well, but where does one point Percy at the porcelain?:shrug:

Leaflet_To_Print_WithoutSt12-2.jpg

Underneath number 12, at the bottom of the map.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here