Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] FERRET'S WORLD CUP COLUMN

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
So the razzmatazz of the opening ceremony is over and the tournament is well underway with a bumper seven games taking place over the weekend, including England's tough clash against Italy.I hope you've got off to a good start? If not then now is the time to recoup some early losses while placing a few strategic punts that should raw dividends in the week ahead.
Group C is first up on Saturday, with Sky Bet fancying Colombia to cruise into Round 2, but not quite sure on who will accompany them.* I like the look of Greece and the dual forecast (1,2 either order) of Colombia/Greece is a long looking 4/1.*
Unfortunately we will have to land this prediction the hard way as I also fancy Colombia to defeat Greece at odds of 10/11, while Japan are overpriced at 2/1 to see off the Ivory Coast.

In Group D I will swerve the outright and go for another dual forecast. Get those cabbages and rotten tomatoes ready because the value lies in backing Uruguay and Italy to qualify at 15/8 (dual forecast).
You will know from my previous column that these are the two teams that I feel are under-rated in the odds this tournament - and that is solely because of the patriotic money being placed on England....it almost automatically guarantees value in their opponents. Naturally this is one bet that my heart does not want to win, but it is a very good piece of insurance.

Ok.... so England/Italy?* What's going to happen there?* The value lies in backing the Draw @ 2/1 with Sky Bet. As an alternative, you can compound this value by backing England/Draw and Italy Draw, both at 18/1.In Group E, which kicks off on Sunday, France are worthy favourites at 4/5 and, if you don't mind backing long odds-on, it would be a massive upset if they fail to beat Honduras at odds of 4/11.***
We'll end this column by taking a look at Group F, which starts on Sunday evening. Argentina are an almost unbackable 2/9 but perversely I believe that is still overpriced in what is clearly the Group of "lay down and die", which is what I would expect Bosnia, Nigeria and Iran to all do in the face of the favourites.
I'll be back on Monday with a look at the last two Group's G & H, while also taking a revised look at Group A.
Good Luck and Happy Punting!

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here