Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

what stage will england get to in the world cup?

What stage will we get to?

• Group-stage

Votes: 43 53.1%
  • Round Of 16

Votes: 12 14.8%
  • Quarter Final

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • Semi-Final

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Final

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Winners!

Votes: 3 3.7%

• Total voters

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I didn't see this poll but am staggered that six of the people who did thought we'd get to the semis, at least. It's true what they say about that strong stuff that people are smoking now

Realism seems to go out the window every four years. Before this tournament I asked myself the following....
1) Have we got any world class players? ( always a prerequisite for progress deep into a World Cup )
2) How strong is our defence? ( always a prerequisite for progress deep into a World Cup...unless you are Brazil 1970 )
3) Is the balance right in our team? ( between youth and experience and in playing formation )
4) Have we got one clinical striker ( e.g Lineker ) who will feed off scraps....cos thats all you get sometimes.
5) Have we got the right manager in place?
6) How strong is our group ( always helps....ask France )

Needless to say...I predicted group stage elimination. Its not being clever in hindsight, just weighing everything up. Ultimately, Italy and Uruguay had more class and were more street-wise than us. Time will tell if we learn from it.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
What worried me was that we had a relatively easy qualifying group (I mean San Marino, Moldova and Montenegro – not exactly giant killers are they) and that we would be found out once we reached the WC itself. And unfortunately we were.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here