Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Xbox or Sony PS4 - which is best?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
That would depend whether it plays the games you like. I'm a gamer, and I prefer the X1.

Aside from minor tech specs etc, your post above is the most important point for anyone deciding between the consoles.

Which console has the best exclusives that you're interested in.

I like The Last of Us and Uncharted.
Others like Halo, Dead Rising, Forza etc.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Aside from minor tech specs etc, your post above is the most important point for anyone deciding between the consoles.

Which console has the best exclusives that you're interested in.
That and what your friends have IMO.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
What is titanfall like? Campaign etc. I heard it's great multiplayer.

It is entirely multiplayer. Which I didn't know when I bought it as I've always been pants online so tend to steer clear of FPS online. However after spending 50 notes i had to stick with it. It is an absolute blast with updates and new maps every couple of months. Not saying buy an Xbox One just for titanfall, but I would certainly recommend it if you like FPS games and already have an X1. The Titans add a whole new dimension.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I would certainly recommend it if you like FPS games and already have an X1. The Titans add a whole new dimension.

Call of Duty is taking a page out of Titanfall's playbook - the new CoD introduces battlesuit things that let you move kind of like the pilots in Titanfall and scale walls etc

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Call of Duty is taking a page out of Titanfall's playbook - the new CoD introduces battlesuit things that let you move kind of like the pilots in Titanfall and scale walls etc

True dat. First COD I've been looking forward to since Modern Warfare. The multiplayer trailers look fantastic, and as I'm now a bit handy on Titanfall, I fancy my chances on COD. No more crapping myself and spraying bullets willy-nilly when another player comes round the corner in front of me!

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
That would depend whether it plays the games you like. I'm a gamer, and I prefer the X1.

I've just gone and eaten my words.

There was a decent deal on the Xone with 2 games at Argos over the weekend so I picked one up yesterday morning.

I've only had a very quick blast but so far looks great.

I've currently got Destiny, Ghosts and Black Flag.

I only hope that it'll be able to keep up with the PS4 over the next few years.

Humble pie currently in the oven.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I've just gone and eaten my words.

There was a decent deal on the Xone with 2 games at Argos over the weekend so I picked one up yesterday morning.
:lol:
I've only had a very quick blast but so far looks great.

I've currently got Destiny, Ghosts and Black Flag.

I only hope that it'll be able to keep up with the PS4 over the next few years.

Humble pie currently in the oven.
The PS4 is capable of playing the same game at a higher frame rate, or a higher resolution at the same frame rate. But being capable of a bit more doesn't mean it will always get it, and when it does there's no saying you'd notice. When gaming I'm 9 feet from a 50" screen, and I cannot tell the difference between 720p and 1080p. And even when you can tell the difference, you find that CoD at 1080 is still rubbish compared to Rise at 900p. So yes, the PS4 is a tiny but faster, but you won't notice.

I used to like MW3, but not really a fan of Ghosts. BF4 however, is brilliant.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I have PS4 and love it. The only downside for me is I have very few friends on ps4 and it would be fun to play with mates sometimes. Bf4 is indeed fantastic.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I went off COD. Just to many little shits 'camping' and spoiling the game. battlefield is that much more open and it just doesn't happen.

That said if one with a new Zombies comes out I'll be first inline!

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Without wishing to hijack the thread, where is the best place to buy consoles from these days? Best I can see is Argos selling a PS4 Destiny bundle + Watchdogs for £374.99. Not sure if there's better deals to be had elsewhere? Amazon and Play both seem more expensive.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Without wishing to hijack the thread, where is the best place to buy consoles from these days? Best I can see is Argos selling a PS4 Destiny bundle + Watchdogs for £374.99. Not sure if there's better deals to be had elsewhere? Amazon and Play both seem more expensive.

Best deals I've seen currently.

Xbox One with Destiny and Titanfall for £339.00 at Argos here

PS4 with Destiny for £319.00 at Tesco here

Benefits of Tesco are that you can use your clubcard points towards your purchase.

Benefits of Argos are that you can apply for a 12 months interest free Argos card spreading the £339.00 out over 12 months without interest.

twiggles

Feb 14, 2014
I have PS4 and love it. The only downside for me is I have very few friends on ps4 and it would be fun to play with mates sometimes. Bf4 is indeed fantastic.

PSN - twiggymuzio if you fancy a game of destiny! Is BF4 worth getting? I've played COD for years (2004 vCOD on the PC!) and never really liked the feel of BF.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Best deals I've seen currently.

Xbox One with Destiny and Titanfall for £339.00 at Argos here

PS4 with Destiny for £319.00 at Tesco here

Benefits of Tesco are that you can use your clubcard points towards your purchase.

Benefits of Argos are that you can apply for a 12 months interest free Argos card spreading the £339.00 out over 12 months without interest.

Thank you, didn't even consider Tesco!

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
PSN - twiggymuzio if you fancy a game of destiny! Is BF4 worth getting? I've played COD for years (2004 vCOD on the PC!) and never really liked the feel of BF.

I was always a cod man. I enjoy the open maps, the non camping aspect and the vehicles on bf4. It's totally won me over. Pick up a cheap copy off eBay and see what you think.

I don't have destiny but I will add you anyway. FIFA?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here