Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we trying to poach a manager or looking for currently unemployed?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Slade wasn't under contract when we appointed him manager. He left Yeovil approx a month before he came to us. I cannot think of the last time we appointed a manager under contract somewhere else. Mike Bailey possibly, he might have still under contract at Charlton when he became our manager?

What do you think?

Slade left Yeovil about week before Adams was sacked, the Yeovil chairman said Slade was sacked over a incident of gross misconduct from November 2008 following an investigation and not by mutual consent, something that Slade denied.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
By this your inferring that money is a consideration where as mentioned above TB has clearly stated it is not.
It obviously is as our last 2 managers have left because of the budget apparently. My point is that TB will not waste money that could be used elsewhere on paying compo for a manager, he would be better off spending that money on a player, taking into account the managers that are unemployed at the moment.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
It obviously is as our last 2 managers have left because of the budget apparently. My point is that TB will not waste money thst coulc used elsewhere on paying compo for a manager better off spending that money on a player with the managers that are unemployed at the mo.

So you think TB is lying then? Come on, if it cost 5k, 50k or 500k to get the right bloke in dont you think he'll pay it. The reward far outways the cost.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So you think TB is lying then? Come on, if it cost 5k, 50k or 500k to get the right bloke in dont you think he'll pay it. The reward far outways the cost.
No I think TB is being economical with the truth of our financial position and obligation to FFP. We have done well in the past without poaching a manager so why should he start now and waste money.

IMHO the nearest we will get to poaching is a manager resigning and joining us a week later eg McDermott not that I think it will be him.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Well he has saved money on wages by not having a manager for nearly a month, the cost of hire wont be on the book untill next year and if he had the option of Clement + fee or Worzel for free which one do you think he'd go for?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Well he has saved money on wages by not having a manager for nearly a month, the cost of hire wont be on the book untill next year and if he had the option of Clement + fee or Worzel for free which one do you think he'd go for?
Neither cos it woulnt happen. Wurzel wouldnt come into to the reckoning if it was to be Clement he would resign at Real first and we employ him 1 week later but as I have said there are many suitable candidates available at the moment with no baggage.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Neither cos it woulnt happen. Wurzel wouldnt come into to the reckoning if it was to be Clement he would resign at Real first and we employ him 1 week later but as I have said there are many suitable candidates available at the moment with no baggage.

It was an example but never mind.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Slade left Yeovil about week before Adams was sacked, the Yeovil chairman said Slade was sacked over a incident of gross misconduct from November 2008 following an investigation and not by mutual consent, something that Slade denied.

If only Russell Slade was a politician (allegedly) :wink:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
It obviously is as our last 2 managers have left because of the budget apparently. My point is that TB will not waste money that could be used elsewhere on paying compo for a manager, he would be better off spending that money on a player, taking into account the managers that are unemployed at the moment.

Gus was chucked out for gross misconduct.
And the budget reason is over-simplifying for Oscar too.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
If Clement is one of the choices will we not have to agree compo with Madrid? I guess he could resign, but Madrid do not have to accept. The other candidates would I believe be from those currently out of work.
Does anyone else worry that the longer this goes the greater the possibility of a problem such as budget or Jones staying that are causing issues?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
If Clement is one of the choices will we not have to agree compo with Madrid? I guess he could resign, but Madrid do not have to accept. The other candidates would I believe be from those currently out of work.
Does anyone else worry that the longer this goes the greater the possibility of a problem such as budget or Jones staying that are causing issues?

Clement isn't the manager of Real so I doubt he's got the sort of contract that contains compensation clases. As for time, I would say there's no tearing rush as those players not involved in the WC will be on holiday, so as long as it's sorted in the next couple of weeks - and they take their time to get the right man - I don't see an issue. It just seem like it's taking ages due to the endless speculation on here. I'm expecting something maybe mid-week or later

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Clement isn't the manager of Real so I doubt he's got the sort of contract that contains compensation clases. As for time, I would say there's no tearing rush as those players not involved in the WC will be on holiday, so as long as it's sorted in the next couple of weeks - and they take their time to get the right man - I don't see an issue. It just seem like it's taking ages due to the endless speculation on here. I'm expecting something maybe mid-week or later

Ordinarily I would agree with you but we have a squad which currently requires significant rebuilding and Burke can do all the ground work he wants but not many players will sign without knowing who the manager is and preferred style. Additionally we are lead to believe that the manager has the last say on signings so again he may have different choices to those we have worked on. I would say middle of next week is the latest we should leave it and I cant get away from the thought that if the choice is an unemployed manager as it seems then 3 weeks seems long.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Ordinarily I would agree with you but we have a squad which currently requires significant rebuilding and Burke can do all the ground work he wants but not many players will sign without knowing who the manager is and preferred style. Additionally we are lead to believe that the manager has the last say on signings so again he may have different choices to those we have worked on. I would say middle of next week is the latest we should leave it and I cant get away from the thought that if the choice is an unemployed manager as it seems then 3 weeks seems long.

Maybe. If they are interviewing (and second interviewing) 3 or 4 people - and all indications seem to be that that is the current process underway, then it takes a little time to organise and go through. If they had a single unemployed target, then yes, things should have been completed pretty quickly, but I don't believe that is the case.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here