Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Website

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Thanks for this, I have a meeting with Mr Barber and his team on 17 June, I intend asking him that very question just in case

I'm not sure why you're bothering with it, to be honest. If your raison d'être is offering a coach to away games, then focus on that, rather than be sidetracked with filching player profile information from the official website.

I wish you well with the site, though.

joker

BHA Blues Away
Aug 2, 2010
Eastbourne
Why are all the pick up points to the East of Brighton, as far away as Eastbourne. What's wrong with the West? Plenty of fans that way too. Just a thought.

This clearly something we are looking at and if the interest demands we will of course rune from the west also, anyone reading this from worthing to Brighton for instance let us know on enquiries@bluesaway.co.uk we can then, hopefully run from the west also

joker

BHA Blues Away
Aug 2, 2010
Eastbourne
I have a couple of questions. How much did you pay for the site to be built? Roughly anyway. And is there a reason why a responsive template hasn't been used? It looks awful on the phone which is a shame as there are 100s of free responsive WordPress themes out there.

I will let SWB answer your question on price as he is a mate but he is very very reasonable
I have the site on my phone and it looks great, I will have a chat with SWB and pass on your comments though

joker

BHA Blues Away
Aug 2, 2010
Eastbourne
Not going to comment on the design (mind you having seen the link Bozza gave I would not be employing them anytime soon) but the copyright I will. Unless you are going to get a licence from the club you cannot use anything that is copyright the club or trademark the club. This means the badge (Seagull roundel like Bozza's avitar, which strictly speaking infringes the copyright because it is a seagull roundel image which is what they have TM'd). They asked me to remove the badge from the Album, something I was more than happy to do and one day I must come up with something better than the one I spent 5 minutes making so I could lose the badge. They also requested I remove the old badge, the one that is not round.

It is possible to get a not for profit licence but this can be a lot of hassle.

Thanks for the heads up, I am meeting Mr Barber on 17 June and will ask him if it okay, if not, I can change it and make a few alterations

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
It looks awful on a desktop. As does http://www.sussexwebbuilder.com - the same glitchy, low-res, misshapen graphics.

[MENTION=4189]gripper[/MENTION] stepson would have made you something beautiful.

Dear Lord, that is awful. It gives us website designers a bad name.

That's the problem nowadays - stick a template together and you can call yourself a website designer.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
In the mid 90s, for a friend, I produced a web site using MS Publisher and the "create web page" option....... Looked just like this!
Please tell me this was done as a freebie?

And remember MS Frontpage? Those were the days!

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
Well done mate, good work. It looks fine to me but I know nothing about designing web sites.

If you have gone to all that trouble to make it easy for people to book seats on coaches that you have organised, so the Albion get better away support, then you have done a fantastic job. Keep up the good work, the more support at away game, the better for the team.

But no booze! following the Albion ain't what it used to be.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Oh dear God, not Frontpage. The bane of my life for several years.

Yes, it was dire!

And Mac users may also remember that you used to be able to use Microsoft Word as - ta-daaa! - a web browser. File > Open Web Page would badly render web pages as shitty looking Word documents! Utterly pointless, of course.

joker

BHA Blues Away
Aug 2, 2010
Eastbourne
Well done mate, good work. It looks fine to me but I know nothing about designing web sites.

If you have gone to all that trouble to make it easy for people to book seats on coaches that you have organised, so the Albion get better away support, then you have done a fantastic job. Keep up the good work, the more support at away game, the better for the team.

But no booze! following the Albion ain't what it used to be.

Thanks mate, ultimately that is the aim

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Good luck with it, but as others have said, these days you have to have responsive websites as more people access the internet with mobile devices than a pc, and that will grow. Its a nightmare on mobile and people will just switch off.

It looked like you had the same picture used several times on the homepage, that needs to change. Also too dark. It needs to jump out at you.

You wanted feedback, but unfortunately probably not what you wanted to hear. Your priority is to get whoever made it to make you a responsive site, they should have known better.

joker

BHA Blues Away
Aug 2, 2010
Eastbourne
Good luck with it, but as others have said, these days you have to have responsive websites as more people access the internet with mobile devices than a pc, and that will grow. Its a nightmare on mobile and people will just switch off.

It looked like you had the same picture used several times on the homepage, that needs to change. Also too dark. It needs to jump out at you.

You wanted feedback, but unfortunately probably not what you wanted to hear. Your priority is to get whoever made it to make you a responsive site, they should have known better.

That's great mate, thanks for the heads up, one only gets better with constructive criticism

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here