Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who owns a dog?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Miniature schnauzer and a miniature dachshund.
Taking them off on hols on Saturday - passports at the ready.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
German Shorthaired Pointers x 3

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
It has been decided (by my wife and youngest daughter) that we will have a little Border Terrier pup joining our family on Friday 30th May - she's 8 weeks old on Saturday and is having her jabs tomorrow.

Like the rest of the family I'm looking forward to her arrival but a bit nervous due to allergy problems with most dogs - but we've had a Border Terrier stay with us before and I seem to be unaffected by their wirey coats. Wish me luck!

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
I have a 10 year-old Labrador Retriever and an 8 year-old German Shepherd (retired police dog--reason: depression; seriously, I have it written in the dog's documents :) ).

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If I could shit wherever I wanted and you followed behind picking it up, I'd be kind to you too.

A really spiteful thing to say.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A really spiteful thing to say.

It's not spiteful at all.

It's just reference to the fact that dogs seem to have us in the palm of their, errr, paw. They do shit anywhere, literally, and their devoted owner will dutifully collect and dispose of it.

I'm a big dog lover and hope to add a hound to family Bozza when I'm a home owner once again, and I can't wait. Apart from the shit bit, anyway.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
ok you carry on thinking that. F*cking hell !

Christ on a bike, it was a flippant comment in relation to dogs. I thought it was funny. You seem to have taken it personally.

Why?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Made me laugh but then I seem to spend half my life picking up shit. :lolol:

Well quite. It was a general and light hearted observation about dogs as a species, and one that I, personally, found amusing.

I cannot for the life of me imagine why anybody would find it upsetting, let alone "spiteful".

What on earth was spiteful about it? Are there any dogs reading this who could clarify?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
For the clearly hard of understanding this comment is likely to get a reaction. Which is exactly what it wanted.

" If I could shit wherever I wanted and you followed behind picking it up, I'd be kind to you too. "

It could be an innocent comment but shows a complete lack of empathy and understanding. I could give the benefit of the doubt but think it was posted to get a reaction.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here