Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Last song/ album you listened to?

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Just got in and it's this for starters...

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Red Eyes by War on Drugs. Best song and album of the year for me. Can't wait to see them in Brighton end of June.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

This one.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Friday. Beer in hand and that 'hawk is howling'

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Red Eyes by War on Drugs. Best song and album of the year for me. Can't wait to see them in Brighton end of June.

Got the album on now.

Pickles

May 5, 2014

Pickles

May 5, 2014
No recorded live at the Bridge House, Canning Town

Thank you.

I'm on the case right now of getting this baby back in my ears x

Because it's Time for action...........

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Several beers later...

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Easily my most played album of the year. The sheer energy and excitement to it is reminscent of the Waterboys in their This is the Sea days.

I'll give it another spin tonight but have struggled with it so far as I can't get past the heavy influences & I end up listening to the originals instead (the Waterboys being one). They just don't seem to be more than the sum of their parts to me.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I'll give it another spin tonight but have struggled with it so far as I can't get past the heavy influences & I end up listening to the originals instead (the Waterboys being one). They just don't seem to be more than the sum of their parts to me.

I know what you mean. It's worth persisting with. It's their first proper album in my view. The last one Slave Ambient was a bit of a mish mash. They definitely have more reference points than most bands but I think with this one they've actually formed it into a coherent piece of work. It's not original but it is brilliant to me.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I have had a yearning for This Is The Sea for a few days now, but, hey, Saturday night and I'm currently tuned in to The Lark Ascending by Ralph Vaughan Williams. It's mental round here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here