Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Last song/ album you listened to?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Mine was Made in Japan, but sure what song, just let spotify choose for me.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I bought two albums this week.
Rolling Stones GRRR
and
Xscape by Michael Jackson.

Both terrific in very different ways!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I have been listening to A Dotted Line, the magnificent new album by Nickel Creek. Also Youtubing 3 great tracks from it - Rest of My Life, Destination and 21st of May performed Live at The Soundcheck. If I had the ability, I would put them all on here for a listen. Three young musicians singing and playing in authentic Bluegrass style, gathered around one mike, bobbing in and out to it to sing or play their respective parts. Virtuoso musicianship, searing harmonies, composition like you won't hear anywhere else. They are in a brilliant genre of their own. No drums generally, just driven by Sara Watkins' fiddle, Sean Watkins' acoustic guitar and primarly Chris Thile's lead mandolin. This is intelligent music with the depth of Radiohead or the simplicity of, well something really simple. You will be rewarded by repeated listens as you uncover the layers. I cannot recommend this stuff too highly. Despite being multi award winners for many years, I was fortunate enough to see them at their last peak at St Georges church in Kemp Town when they had virtually imploded as a group following the making of the album 'Why should the Fire Die'. The intensity of everything in their musical and personal lives prompted a six year retirement till now. The new album is a little less edgy and more relaxed and I recommend it to anybody who enjoys a well crafted, intelligent band in their ears. Treat yourselves and check it out. If anyone wants to post those three YouTube clips........

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
After seeing them live last week I've been listening to Nine Inch Nails' back catalogue quite heavily. Yesterday it was Pretty Hate Machine, today The Fragile.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Last song: Pavement - Range Life (was on Cerrys Mathews just a minute ago - it sends me places not many other tracks manage)
Last album:
e9equtav.jpg
Yesterday. First, drifting away to the first suite, then the needle on the record was proving a rather more harrowing suite later on.

Ozziemate

May 7, 2013
Up from below - Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros. Also getting into Dave Matthews Band at the moment.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
John Holt 1000 Volts

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Mozart Clarinet Concerto in A minor is currently on in the background

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here