Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] TIGHE WINS LFE GOAL AWARD

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Brighton & Hove Albion under-18 player Connor Tighe has won the League Football Education’s goal of the month award for March.

The midfielder’s stunning long-distance strike against QPR beat nine other contenders to win the award, securing 46.04% of the online vote.He told seagulls.co.uk, “I’d say it was between 25 and 30 yards out. Cam Wiltshire’s picked it up, laid it off to me and I’ve just hit it first time.
“It’s a hard technique when the ball’s coming across your body, so I just tried to guide it into the corner and thankfully it went in.
“There were some good goals; I thought a couple of them were better than mine on the eye, but my technique was probably harder than theirs.”
Tighe, who is about to enter the second year of his scholarship, admitted it was a proud moment to be presented with the first personal accolade of his career.

“I was doing a speech for the new scholars that are coming in, as Sue (Parris) asked me to come along and just tell them what it’s like.“After it finished, Gavin (Willacy - LFE Regional Officer) showed the parents all of the goals and then he mentioned my name and said I had won the award. He then he presented it to me in front of the scholars and their parents.
“It’s going to be displayed in the living room, under the TV so everyone can see it!”
The young midfielder is also hoping for a bright future at the Albion and reveals that a move to the new training ground will accelerate his development as a player.
“Being at the new training ground will help all of the younger players like myself to improve a lot more because the facilities are going to be so much better compared to what we’re used to at the moment.
“The good thing about playing at Brighton is that everything is linked to keeping possession of the ball.
“Hopefully I will continue to improve as I make the step up into the under-21s and maybe one day, the first team.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here