Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Doherty - Goalkeeper signing from Charlton to replace Walton

Magic City

Mar 29, 2014
We have two other Irish lads who were first year scholars this past season (Dylan Barnett and Des Hutchinson), so I would imagine he was instrumental in bringing those over as well.

That's spot on. Barnett, not sure about Hutchinson, has been involved with Ireland's youth set up again this season. I was surprised that there was no news from the club about it, unless I happened to miss it. With Connor Tighe winning goal of the month, Brighton fans are right to be optimistic about the youngsters coming through at the club!

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
Talking of young keepers..........how is big Jack Butland getting on? Could well be available for a season-long loan I would think. Would make an excellant replacement for Koosh.

Overrated I think. Haven't seen him play well once in the times I've seen him on MOTD or Football League show. Just young and English and a goalkeeper = hype

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
That's some very candid honesty to the press from him! Or Gerry Hand is making stuff up!

Hope we give him some media training along the way so that he knows what he should and shouldn't be so open about, otherwise he'll end up looking silly for being too honest at some point in his career!

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Sharp as ever Baz

I try my best not to read any of the drivel written by the oracles of all things Albion before my post hence my post now of apologising for fixtures ha ha !!!!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
He says in the article that John Morling, the head of the BHA Academy, knows him from his time with the Irish FA. That's the link. Morling, although from London, was recruited by BHA from the Irish FA where he had been heavily involved with the setting up of the Irish youth system and was the manager, I believe, of their Under 16 national squad.

But that's just not very NSC is it? Far better to blame Nathan Jones.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I guess Doherty must have been offered, and signed, that one-year deal, as he is on the bench for the U-21s against the Japanese U-21s today.

Have the club simply decided to stop announcing player signings? :shrug:

There are some of us who are interested in these matters, and official word from the club would be nice.

We also have 3 trialists in the starting line-up. Anyone heard any rumours as to who they might be?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
We also have 3 trialists in the starting line-up. Anyone heard any rumours as to who they might be?

Imagine one will be George Cole who we've got on trial from Chelsea but hav'nt got a clue on the others.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here