Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*Official 2014 B&HA Chant of the Season*

Chant of the Season - 2014

• Barnsley's a ****hole, I wanna go home....

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Small town in Forest

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Bonjour, Bonjour we are the Brighton Boys!

Votes: 16 59.3%
  • 1-0 to the Nancy Boys!

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Premier League, you're having a laugh

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • 5-4, we're gonna win 5-4....

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
We've had the nominations, now pick your favourite.

"Barnsley's a ****hole, I wanna go home"

Great chant from the Albion faithful amusingly reminding their hosts how poor their town is and we're not planning on staying long

"Small town in Forest"

Beilittling the Derby support and embrassing them in a key play-off game by accusing them of being just a small part of their hated rivals

"Bonjour, Bonjour we are the Brighton boys"

Fantastic witty response to the Hull taunts of our Southerly location

"One nil to the Nancy boys"

Always one to shut the opposition up when they start their sickening homophobic chanting

"Premier League, you're having a laugh"

Taunts from the Albion faithful towards their Leicester counterparts as we cruise into a four goal lead, look on their fans faces as we chanted it to them was priceless

"5-4, we're gonna win 5-4"

Gallows humour from the loyal Albion support showing our never say die attitude

Last edited:

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Barnsley one for me - still makes me a crack a smile to this day just thinking about it. Genius

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Hilarious and original, each and every one. Each one's hilarity is only matched by it's originality, and each one is more hilarious and original than the last, except for "Barnsley's a shithole" which redefines the laws of hilarity and originality to the point where I think it may have caused a zer-hour tear in the hilarious/original continuum and inverted the fundamental laws of hilariousness.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Hilarious and original, each and every one. Each one's hilarity is only matched by it's originality, and each one is more hilarious and original than the last, except for "Barnsley's a shithole" which redefines the laws of hilarity and originality to the point where I think it may have caused a zer-hour tear in the hilarious/original continuum and inverted the fundamental laws of hilariousness.

You mean a bit of wee came out.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
"Bonjour, Bonjour, we are the Brighton Boys" emerges as a clear winner. Great chant, well deserved amongst some tough competition.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
In one game last season - and I'm struggling to write this from laughing so very much at the memory - the ball went out for a corner and the fella next to me stood up and while pointing in the vague direction of our players shouted, "SEAGULLS! SEAGULLS!"

Where can i vote for this?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
About time we started some new witty chants, same old and atmosphere was poor at Oxford last night.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
About time we started some new witty chants, same old and atmosphere was poor at Oxford last night.

Atmosphere was poor due to the dross on the pitch between minutes 1 and 70. Thought it was funny how row by row going backwards everybody started sitting down.

The renditions of SBTS were good though, encouraging that more and more people seem to be able to sing the right words at the right speed (until the fast bit of course)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
"one phone..."

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

I wish I'd seen this thread when you first posted it. Superb effort, Crodo.

I think my favourite was singing "you're just a small town near Delhi" at Luton several years ago, which was similarly hilarious on so many levels. The only reason I didn't sing it myself at the time was because I was laughing so hard.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Atmosphere was poor due to the dross on the pitch between minutes 1 and 70. Thought it was funny how row by row going backwards everybody started sitting down.

The renditions of SBTS were good though, encouraging that more and more people seem to be able to sing the right words at the right speed (until the fast bit of course)

Being able to overlook the car park, due to the open ended stadium, 'We can see you cycling out', was a reasonable effort, imo.

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
has to be chant of the season
Against Rotherham? That genuinely made me laugh out loud that night. With the East stand lit up like a Christmas Tree and one young scrot sets of his phone in the way end. To their credit after hearing this another lad joined in and they had two phones!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
"Oxford's a shithole, I wanna go home" was good last night.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
This. The first rendition was good but reasonably standard these days "Now is the time for marching, etc" but the second effort was outstanding "For we're the men from Sussex, etc" ... top marks to those involved.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here