Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bell Cheeses at work

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Imagine all the contributors to this thread started our own company-it would surely be the most productive workplace in the world. No bullshit jargon, no irritating workmates, no crisp munching fatties......bliss.

We'd still all spend far too much time on NSC though.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
There are a few people here who go through Monster like it's AIR.

I'm genuinely intrigued as to what effect this must have on their digestive tracts.

Well it makes him burp ALL day EVERY day, which can't be that good. It smells like some kind of medicine, a smell which hits you from about 10 metres away.

Please tell me he has a brunch as well. :)

No, he'll be having a big pub lunch to get him through the afternoon though. He has just TUCKED into a doughnut too. Weirdly, neither of these guys are FAT.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well it makes him burp ALL day EVERY day, which can't be that good. It smells like some kind of medicine, a smell which hits you from about 10 metres away.

No, he'll be having a big pub lunch to get him through the afternoon though. He has just TUCKED into a doughnut too. Weirdly, neither of these guys are FAT.

Superfast metabolism fuelled by all the stimulants in the shitty drinks.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Superfast metabolism fuelled by all the stimulants in the shitty drinks.

Most likely, it certainly doesn't give him any energy given that he DRIVES to a pub which takes less than five minutes to WALK to.

Oh and he's just come back from reception with a PARCEL, this is another very regular occurrence.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Imagine all the contributors to this thread started our own company-it would surely be the most productive workplace in the world. No bullshit jargon, no irritating workmates, no crisp munching fatties......bliss.

I imagine it would largely consist of people WFH.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

This was post number 1000 in the thread :clap2: :clap2:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm well up for this. What is our company going to do?

Bell Cheese at Work Consultancy Services

We come in, sit and observe the workplace for signs of bellcheesery (keeping adequate evidence - which may mean covert surveillance, examination of bins, listening in to meetings and conversations etc) and then provide simple recommendations, which will mostly consist of 'get rid'.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm well up for this. What is our company going to do?

How about some kind of expensive consultancy, whereby we send our experts into offices, to sit, observe, then report back to the management, on the presence of productivity-affecting BELL CHEESES, in their midst.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Bell Cheese at Work Consultancy Services

We come in, sit and observe the workplace for signs of bellcheesery (keeping adequate evidence - which may mean covert surveillance, examination of bins, listening in to meetings and conversations etc) and then provide simple recommendations, which will mostly consist of 'get rid'.

This is outstanding.

Count me in.

I'm typing my letter of resignation for my current job RIGHT NOW.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There’s a woman in our office who grazes, all day long. There is ALWAYS something open on her desk, be it crisps, yoghurts, nuts, berries, Maltesers, Dairylea Slices (yes, really), or a box of those Ritz crackers. This bounty is slowly consumed throughout the morning, until she will break for lunch and make a start on her sandwiches. In addition to this, she’ll usually reheat some of last nights leftover supper in the microwave, be it lasagne, soup, shepherds pie or whatever. Then there’ll be another bag of crisps (she stores multipacks in her drawer), then once lunch is over the grazing continues unabaited deep into the afternoon. She is quite literally an eating MACHINE. I can barely remember a time I’ve passed her desk when her jaws aren’t slowly rotating in that casual bovine motion, one podgy mit buried within a bag of something-or-other ready to deliver the next morsel of choice into her gaping maw. And man alive, is there some choice.

Not that I find it annoying, she’s not particularly loud, to be fair. But one thing that drives me spackers after a while is this. When talking to her, she has a habit (on the rare occasion when her mouth isn’t full) of saying the very last word of your sentence back to you, a split second after you’ve said it. As if in confirmation that she he totally “on the same page” and understands what you are saying, to the extent that she can actually finish your sentence for you. Except she isn’t finishing the sentence, she’s just repeating or interrupting the final word. So the conversation will go:

Me:“The meetings been put back an hour, so we’re going to be in the meeting room downst..”
Muncher: "Downstairs" (nod)
Me: "...airs"

I won’t even have finished SAYING the word “downstairs” before she’s saying it back to me. And she does this with practically EVERY sentence anyone says to her. Making every conversation stilted and awkward. I can’t tell you how aggravating this gets. If I had to live with that, I think I’d be driven to self-harming.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here