Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bell Cheeses at work

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
This thread has been depressingly quiet recently. Sure, there must be some decent updates from some of the usual suspects?!
Not much to report from mine. We are almost nearing 4 years of 4 day (or less) weeks though, so maybe I'll buy him a bottle of wine to celebrate.

We did add up how many days he had actually been in the office this calendar year a couple of weeks ago....it was about 69 out of a possible 97 IIRC, inc. A/L.
At one point he had a week off, came back for 4 days, then took another 4 days A/L off but it was the Coronation...so ended up with another 11 days away, came back in on the Tuesday, & finished his week on Thursday again!

Great what you can do when you still get full A/L entitlement, & get Fridays to """WFH""" 🙄

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
4c59e3ed-78de-487a-ba91-690f2b789048.jpeg

Jul 7, 2003
It is very humid, windows have been open so I said can we shut the windows and have the air con on to cool it down, most agree it is too warm, then the secret winger within 10mins comes back from a meeting and switches it off, cannot tell you how infuriating that is! It is v uncomfortable.
My argument to that is always that the person who is cold can always put on another layer whereas nobody would want to see me sat at my desk in just my boxer shorts.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It is very humid, windows have been open so I said can we shut the windows and have the air con on to cool it down, most agree it is too warm, then the secret winger within 10mins comes back from a meeting and switches it off, cannot tell you how infuriating that is! It is v uncomfortable.
Aircon is a constant battle. Ours is a small office with only a handful, but the girlies always grizzle when it gets "too cold" (most of them are in skirts and flipflops, so what do you EXPECT ??).

1687179982625.png
I got me one of these USB desktop jobbies for less than a tenner at B&Q. Lifesaver.

Jul 7, 2003
Aircon is a constant battle. Ours is a small office with only a handful, but the girlies always grizzle when it gets "too cold" (most of them are in skirts and flipflops, so what do you EXPECT ??).

View attachment 162462
I got me one of these USB desktop jobbies for less than a tenner at B&Q. Lifesaver.
Not just air-con - I seem to recall it being a constant battle over windows in a previous job. The person sat next to the window complains about it being cold / draughty so 'controls' the window. When you offer to switch seats or move them to a different part of the office they say that they don't want to give up window seat.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not just air-con - I seem to recall it being a constant battle over windows in a previous job. The person sat next to the window complains about it being cold / draughty so 'controls' the window. When you offer to switch seats or move them to a different part of the office they say that they don't want to give up window seat.
"You should be working, not staring out the window" would be my considered response.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Had a director at work who was recently moved on...

Mid 40's, used to drive his one-wheel around the office. Kept his helmet on when aboard, obviously.

Brighthelmstone

Nov 9, 2011
Burgess Hill
Surely the prime office desk is one that's in a corner, out of sight of to many people and most importantly whereby people can't see my screen ;) Window is just a bonus!

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
I'm not making this up.

A random bloke has sat opposite me today in a hot desk area. His ring tone for his mobile phone is the one which is constantly going in 24 (Der der, der derrrrrrrr) and just a minute ago he answered the phone 'Hello CTU' (add an N and re-arrange the letters mate)

We work in IT. He is fat old and bald. He is about as far removed from Jack Bauer as it can possible be.

Anyone else got any complete plums in thier vacinity?
I work at home by myself next to a massive mirror and I’m surrounded by ****s

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Who are the complete and utter bell cheeses who open up a new ream of paper and put in just enough sheets to print off what they want and leave the rest in the box?

Happens all the time at my work. Does this happen anywhere else?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Our office gets boiling just after 14.00 each day. You can literally set your watch by it. Naturally, the 4th bloke who has come to have a look has found nothing wrong with it and has insisted one of us must change the temperature at the same time every day. If someone is, it's the greatest wind up ever.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Who are the complete and utter bell cheeses who open up a new ream of paper and put in just enough sheets to print off what they want and leave the rest in the box?

Happens all the time at my work. Does this happen anywhere else?
Used to….bloody annoying. The cartridges are amazingly designed to hold a ream, so put it all in you ****s 🤬

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This is an indirect bellcheese, in that I have not personally been exposed to said bellcheesery, but it is truly WEAPONS GRADE.

My sons girlfriend, who works in an open plan office, works from home 3 days a week. If on a WFH day she receives an email from her boss ('JULIAN' - say no more), and doesn't respond within around 3-5 minutes, she usually receives a follow-up email from him just with "? ? ?". Give it another few minutes, and it'll be a phone call.

What a 24 carat nobber. I'm not sure I could ever tolerate this, especially during the Ashes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here