Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bell Cheeses at work

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I went onto this thread for the first time in a few weeks and chuckled at the Straw Man comment. First report I read this morning for work was using the very same term. Not sure what it means as it wasn’t a draft report .

The conclusion I've made is that it's a term that means I can't be bothered to do a lot more than chuck my vaguest ideas onto a sheet of paper and I'll leave you all to pick the brains out of it and amend as you wish so if it all goes wrong it's not down to me. Suffice to say I've asked we don't use the term or operate in this way, i.e. if you've been given a task just bloody do it! We can collaborate, of course, but you retain the flippin' task! :lolol::lolol::lolol:

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
As most of us are still pretty much exclusively WFH, are we allowed to bring bellcheese neighbours into the equation? If so, I'd like to nominate mine as, judging by the noise levels of heavy construction coming from his garden, he appears to be trying to construct a scale model of CrossRail. Some of us are trying to avoid working!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I've been in the office/factory throughout . . .Mrs Zef is still WFH . . . . most of last year the house was a building site, she did well to survive.

As far as bellcheese neighbours go, one day last summer we had music in gardens . . . . both sides north and south playing Simply RED FFS! it wasn't the radio, they'd actually chosen to play it!!!

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Got this e-mail this morning, & immediately thought of this thread.

Good morning,

Leadership Thought:

“Change should get your attention. It should give you an emotional charge, and you should take it seriously. The secret is knowing how to scramble without getting spastic, how to be more intense and still in control. Use the energy that change generates to give the culture a greater sense of urgency.
But stay focused.”

Thank you

Brighthelmstone

Nov 9, 2011
Burgess Hill
Got this e-mail this morning, & immediately thought of this thread.

Good morning,

Leadership Thought:

“Change should get your attention. It should give you an emotional charge, and you should take it seriously. The secret is knowing how to scramble without getting spastic, how to be more intense and still in control. Use the energy that change generates to give the culture a greater sense of urgency.
But stay focused.”

Thank you

Wow! HR will be having kittens with the line about not getting 'spastic' about it!

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
A simple one from our new Department Leader at University:

Life is a Project, Make Sure You Manage it Well

Perhaps if he stops sending out emails chock full of spelling errors I'll take some notice.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
A simple one from our new Department Leader at University:

Life is Poyet, Make Sure You Manage Well

Perhaps if he stops sending out emails chock full of spelling errors I'll take some notice.

Corrected for you. I'm sure that's what he meant to say.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
New catering manager at work. The sandwich shelf in the staff canteen has been renamed 'filled breads'. I could see my usual egg mayonnaise & cress sarnie and I was starving, but my arm wouldn't move. An invisible force was preventing me from endorsing this bollix. I went hungry. FFS. :nono:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
New catering manager at work. The sandwich shelf in the staff canteen has been renamed 'filled breads'. I could see my usual egg mayonnaise & cress sarnie and I was starving, but my arm wouldn't move. An invisible force was preventing me from endorsing this bollix. I went hungry. FFS. :nono:

What are the Cornish pasties now called? And other snacks?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Why are they called filled breads ?
Sandwiches are usually made from the same loaf of bread, filled breads implies one specific “filled breads” is made from two different loafs of bread = breads

I understand filled bread, but filled breads…

Feckin madness.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
Why are they called filled breads ?
Sandwiches are usually made from the same loaf of bread, filled breads implies one specific “filled breads” is made from two different loafs of bread = breads

I understand filled bread, but filled breads…

Feckin madness.

Exactly.

Under 'Filled Breads' on the sign it listed some different types of bread, some normal, some pretentious as hell like 'sourdough rye & artisan lentil bloomer' or some bollix.

:ffsparr:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here