Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bell Cheeses at work

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
‘I simply can’t put up with any more of your ****ing inane drivel any longer you ****ing bungle***t, so I’ve *(gone out/gone for a walk/gone for a nap/decided to knock one out/gone to Greggs). **** off.

*delete as appropriate

Poor old Sid - I thought his post was quite amusing myself! :)

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
I'd love to come up with some hilarious rant about the worthlessness of this Doris organised hell [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION]

But my honest advice is just don't turn up and don't try and excuse it.

I've missed countless "virtual drinks" and "e-coffee" sessions simply by 'forgetting' to log on. It's not contractual and they can't fire you for it. :shrug:

Well that's clearly the actual right answer, but isn't as amusing as seeing how people react when you tell them that you've recreated Passchendaele in your downstairs toilet.

There is a genuinely serious health issue, that people need a break from their desks and screens during the day, and shouldn't be expected to use up most of their lunchbreak on any sort of meeting.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Do you know what I often do now, to beat the "Teams" system ? I did it this very afternoon, as I quite fancied watching that Bruno vs Tyson thing on Sky Docs Demand (its excellent btw), and had not much else on.

So I have a wireless mouse. I take that mouse, I plonk it on a mousemat on the sofa next to me, and just kind of idly move it around a bit every now and then whilst watching said doc. This also works for the cricket in the mornings, and I'm looking forward to the Masters next month. I would argue that I'm actually MORE efficient these days, as I'm always cracking on to get stuff done so I can have my wavey-mouse time. I watched that Britney Spears thing yesterday as well. And the Tiger Woods doc on Tuesday (I think - the mind plays tricks).

Nothing doesn't get done, I'm always on top of things, and I feel a greater work/life balance has been struck. And I learnt an awful lot about Britney, so its win/win.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Do you know what I often do now, to beat the "Teams" system ? I did it this very afternoon, as I quite fancied watching that Bruno vs Tyson thing on Sky Docs Demand (its excellent btw), and had not much else on.

So I have a wireless mouse. I take that mouse, I plonk it on a mousemat on the sofa next to me, and just kind of idly move it around a bit every now and then whilst watching said doc. This also works for the cricket in the mornings, and I'm looking forward to the Masters next month. I would argue that I'm actually MORE efficient these days, as I'm always cracking on to get stuff done so I can have my wavey-mouse time. I watched that Britney Spears thing yesterday as well. And the Tiger Woods doc on Tuesday (I think - the mind plays tricks).

Nothing doesn't get done, I'm always on top of things, and I feel a greater work/life balance has been struck. And I learnt an awful lot about Britney, so its win/win.
Maybe you should invest in one of these?
https://www.amazon.com/USB-Mouse-Ji...dp/B07MTF9WCH?ref_=d6k_applink_bb_marketplace

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I don't know if your setup is similar to mine but, when I fancy some "good grief I need to not be at my desk" time, I head over to YouTube and stick on any one of several thousand '24 hours of nothing' videos.

It's just a black screen with no sound that plays for hours and hours but the laptop thinks I'm watching something and doesn't lock itself leaving me free to sit in the garden and contemplate my life choices.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
The company I now work for are Plymouth Bretheren. Their religion states that they cannot listen to music as its classed as sinful, so all radios are banned in all 3 buildings.

They've even disconnected the stereos in ALL company vehicles (including the lorry drivers) that deliver roofing materials and cladding to sites nationwide the poor ********.

I was due to go on break on Thursday morning. Smoking is obviously banned on the property so I actually have to go round the corner for a quick ciggy. I just wanted to get something done so paused whilst on my way out the door, ciggy in mouth and headphones in when the MD approached me from behind.

He made me jump and in doing so I spun round in a startle, unlit ciggy falling from my mouth and muttering a "**** me".

It's difficult to describe the look on his face. But if the earth had opened up right there and then to take me to the depths of hell I don't think he would have minded.

I'm all for people believing what they want to but why force their beliefs onto others? There's loads of little leaflets like the ones J.W post through your door and even a bible in the seating area for customers and clients.

The best one is the MD's PA. She thinks she runs the place. She came in to me last week and wanted a word and told me to put my mask on (whilst she didnt) saying she didn't want me to give her covid........ it doesn't work like that does it:ffsparr::ffsparr:

She told me that there has been reports of us leaving the keys in the forklift and it presents a serious H&S breach.

I tried to explain that a parked and switched off forklift does not present a risk. Its only if someone unqualified and untrained (Everyone on site has a license) gets on it. But she wouldn't have it. Daft bint.

The best one is that she came to me on another occasion and asked me not to use the kitchen to make a hot drink or get a drink of water from that kitchen and asked to use the other one in the building over the road. (Even if it's freezing or raining).

Her desk is in the kitchen. She moved her office into the kitchen area as she wanted to be alone and away from the big office upstairs.... and is now fed up with people going into her office to make a drink:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

She even moved the microwave into our little 6ft square office on shopfloor as she was fed up with people making smelly food in her office.

ITS THE ****ING KITCHEN WOMAN. IF YOU DONT WANT PEOPLE MAKING DRINKS AND FOOD IN YOUR OFFICE THEN DONT MOVE YOUR OFFICE INTO THE ****ING KITCHEN.

Rant over.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The company I now work for are Plymouth Bretheren. Their religion states that they cannot listen to music as its classed as sinful, so all radios are banned in all 3 buildings.

They've even disconnected the stereos in ALL company vehicles (including the lorry drivers) that deliver roofing materials and cladding to sites nationwide the poor ********.

I was due to go on break on Thursday morning. Smoking is obviously banned on the property so I actually have to go round the corner for a quick ciggy. I just wanted to get something done so paused whilst on my way out the door, ciggy in mouth and headphones in when the MD approached me from behind.

He made me jump and in doing so I spun round in a startle, unlit ciggy falling from my mouth and muttering a "**** me".

It's difficult to describe the look on his face. But if the earth had opened up right there and then to take me to the depths of hell I don't think he would have minded.

I'm all for people believing what they want to but why force their beliefs onto others? There's loads of little leaflets like the ones J.W post through your door and even a bible in the seating area for customers and clients.

The best one is the MD's PA. She thinks she runs the place. She came in to me last week and wanted a word and told me to put my mask on (whilst she didnt) saying she didn't want me to give her covid........ it doesn't work like that does it:ffsparr::ffsparr:

She told me that there has been reports of us leaving the keys in the forklift and it presents a serious H&S breach.

I tried to explain that a parked and switched off forklift does not present a risk. Its only if someone unqualified and untrained (Everyone on site has a license) gets on it. But she wouldn't have it. Daft bint.

The best one is that she came to me on another occasion and asked me not to use the kitchen to make a hot drink or get a drink of water from that kitchen and asked to use the other one in the building over the road. (Even if it's freezing or raining).

Her desk is in the kitchen. She moved her office into the kitchen area as she wanted to be alone and away from the big office upstairs.... and is now fed up with people going into her office to make a drink:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

She even moved the microwave into our little 6ft square office on shopfloor as she was fed up with people making smelly food in her office.

ITS THE ****ING KITCHEN WOMAN. IF YOU DONT WANT PEOPLE MAKING DRINKS AND FOOD IN YOUR OFFICE THEN DONT MOVE YOUR OFFICE INTO THE ****ING KITCHEN.

Rant over.

You know, there is a big upside to you staying at PB a bit longer. I’m sure there are many more stories like this to come. Tried any sexist posters or jokes yet?

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham

Not sure how locked down your setup is for installs, but if you Google MouseJiggler, that's what I use.

Can set the timer up to 60 seconds as to how frequent you want it to nudge the mouse cursor. It also has a Zen mode so it can nudge, but doesn't actually move the cursor visually.

Hope this helps/makes things simpler!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You know, there is a big upside to you staying at PB a bit longer. I’m sure there are many more stories like this to come. Tried any sexist posters or jokes yet?

I joined a software company in 2008. It was a small startup, only 30 people in the company and soon after starting a company meal was organised at a local Chinese.

I had a few drinks (obvs) and for some reason the later conversation turned to religion. I went to great pains to loudly, drunkenly and badly explain how I was an atheist and this partly came because I was a fan of the rational logic needed to build IT systems. It was a scientific belief I said and surely no-one here believes in an invisible sky fairy.

The next week someone gently explained to me that the MD's PA was a Jehovah's Witness. She'd been sitting opposite me.

Remarkably she not only carried on talking to me but we actually got on very well. We've both since left but chat on LinkedIn from time to time where she never fails to ask how my lovely family are.

I still feel like a c:censored:t

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne

An oscillating fan is your friend here, keep both hands free for "enjoying" Britney.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
As far as swerving meetings goes, we used to have "team huddles" where you got together with the rest of the team and had a five minute chat about work. Utter bollocks.
I swerved every single one by going to the toilet, being on the phone or working on something important like blue-light stuff or core bearers.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not sure how locked down your setup is for installs, but if you Google MouseJiggler, that's what I use.

Can set the timer up to 60 seconds as to how frequent you want it to nudge the mouse cursor. It also has a Zen mode so it can nudge, but doesn't actually move the cursor visually.

Hope this helps/makes things simpler!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

JO7sA6Y.gif

I'll get one.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
So we're all WFH, and a few weeks back, one of the office BINTS floated the idea of us all (by all I mean about 6-7 of us) "meeting up" once a week on a Friday lunchtime on Teams for 45 minutes (12.15 - 1.00), for an unofficial non work-related catchup "chat".

Frankly I recoiled at the idea, but I was late to the chat message and before I could say "frankly I'd rather contract type-2 diabetes", the office Doris's had already proclaimed what a GREAT idea it was, and these "meets" were duly plumbed into all our Outlook calendars faster than a Connolly strike high into the back of the stands.

I've managed to swerve the first few. "The missus is off - we have to do Tesco this lunch". "I've got some errands to run in town". "I seem to have developed an aggressive and debilitating aneurysm". But today I basically ran out of excuses and had to log on for one. And my life, as I knew it would be, what an UTTER waste of time. We all sat their gurning into our webcams, desperately trying to think of something to say. Conversation invariably always turned to their KIDS ("can't wait for them to go back to school / Emma drew a tree / Christoph made his own breakfast and put cheese in his granola! hahahaha"), you get the idea. 45 minutes of this excruciating DRECK.

And you know the most AGGRAVATING thing of all ? The useless BINT who came up with this bloody idea, and shoved it on all our calendars, (a) unlike everyone else didn't even have her camera on, and (b) actually said the square root of F*CK ALL throughout the ENTIRE meeting. Totally silent, aside from a cough now and then (I briefly considered hoping it was covid). She's not smart enough to be on a wind-up, she has all the wit and social skills of a spotty 15 year-old bedroom recluse who's single interest is Warhammer. So I can only assume she gets off on watching the rest of us trapped in the most boring meetings imaginable, being as none of us has been anywhere, or done anything, for cuffing MONTHS.

Any new excuses for missing next weeks shithouse meeting will be gratefully received.

Sake.

How about this as a solution?
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2021/mar/16/zoom-escaper-app-meetings-fake-sounds

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Looks easily sussable. I'll just stick to feeble excuses not to be there - last Friday lunchtime, I was "booked in" to go to the dump.

I'm often booked in to go for a dump.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here