Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bell Cheeses at work

He thinks Scouse is a race? :lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

Yes. Utterly pathetic. He just said 'oh here comes the racist' in front of colleagues I barely know and then had to quickly explain himself that I wasn't a a racist, I just smeared the scousers.

With all this said and done, he's actually a really nice bloke haha Just cannot stand his cringe Liverpool support. This just confirms to me why so many people don't like Liverpool.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I was on holiday today (well, yesterday). My boss - knowing I was off - messaged me TWICE today on Microsoft Teams with some old gubbins. I'm not logged on to the works system obvs, but I get a preview on my phone of any messages on Teams, giving me the first line or so. Needless to say, I did not even bother going into the app to read the messages. I mean WTF ?

Don't get me wrong, WFH is a joy and an endless extended lunch pleasure. But the slight tradeoff is having this GOON of an app called Teams embedded on your phone.

Sake.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I was on holiday today (well, yesterday). My boss - knowing I was off - messaged me TWICE today on Microsoft Teams with some old gubbins. I'm not logged on to the works system obvs, but I get a preview on my phone of any messages on Teams, giving me the first line or so. Needless to say, I did not even bother going into the app to read the messages. I mean WTF ?

Don't get me wrong, WFH is a joy and an endless extended lunch pleasure. But the slight tradeoff is having this GOON of an app called Teams embedded on your phone.

Sake.

Oh FFS we’re just moving on to this and sounds like an element I hadn’t factored in... As of now no one can tell me the key benefit of Teams over say oh I don’t know something that already works like ooh email?!

IT: “it’s going to cut down on email so much”
Me: but not replace it?
IT: No. And you’ll get a handy notification when someone replies to a thread.
Me: Where?
IT: Ummmm in your email!
Me: Right.

IT: but it’s great for collaboration...
Me: How?
IT: it keeps things like ideas and discussion about ideas all together...
Me: you mean like an email trail?
IT: Um yes.
Me: right *ends Zoom call and shuts laptop*

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Oh FFS we’re just moving on to this and sounds like an element I hadn’t factored in... As of now no one can tell me the key benefit of Teams over say oh I don’t know something that already works like ooh email?!

IT: “it’s going to cut down on email so much”
Me: but not replace it?
IT: No. And you’ll get a handy notification when someone replies to a thread.
Me: Where?
IT: Ummmm in your email!
Me: Right.

IT: but it’s great for collaboration...
Me: How?
IT: it keeps things like ideas and discussion about ideas all together...
Me: you mean like an email trail?
IT: Um yes.
Me: right *ends Zoom call and shuts laptop*
To be fair I quite like Teams, it doesn't replace email entirely but I find it better for quick conversations, people tend to respond to it quicker than email. And then generally how it links up with other MS apps and shared document storage etc is useful if you use all of those.

But there's no way I'd have the app on my phone.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Sake.
When on holiday you could set your status to "Do not disturb" to make a point.

Jul 7, 2003
I've always kept work and personal phones separate for this very reason. I turn off the work phone at weekends and when I am on leave unless there is something specific that I know I might be needed for.

Since working from home, I also mute the work phone at the end of the day as I found I was checking the phone when a notification came through and was working longer hours than I needed to be.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Sake.

One of the few benefits of me being a "two phone wanker" is when I am off, my office mobile gets switched off, and stays off, so I don't see notifications of any type. Only my immediate line manager has my personal mobile number, and he is very good at not using it :thumbsup:

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham

Sake.

You should be able to turn off notifications from Teams on your phone.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
When on holiday you could set your status to "Do not disturb" to make a point.

You should be able to turn off notifications from Teams on your phone.

Yeah, I'll find a way to deactivate it next time while I'm off. It was only one day yesterday so I didn't bother, but I'm not having all this BUFFOONERY if I'm on proper hols.

Thankfully our place shuts down completely till the 4th Jan, so I'm not expecting any pings whatsoever.

Merry ****ing Christmas!

3 people tested positive for COVID-19 at work this week, one of them sits opposite me, however, I haven’t seen him since Friday.

He came in on Monday, coughing nonstop with a dry cough and felt horrendous, didn’t go home until pretty much his finish time, luckily I wasn’t in. Low and behold, he’s tested positive! So I’m now in London, getting a rapid test with a 15 minute result, after the NHS one today, so I can know if I’ll be with my family or not this Christmas.

I’m showing no symptoms but due to my works Xmas lunches and boozy evenings that became non Covid compliant after everyone was pissed, I’m pretty pissed off. Hopefully it’s a negative and I can go to being Christmassy! And get bloody pissed.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Merry ****ing Christmas!

3 people tested positive for COVID-19 at work this week, one of them sits opposite me, however, I haven’t seen him since Friday.

He came in on Monday, coughing nonstop with a dry cough and felt horrendous, didn’t go home until pretty much his finish time, luckily I wasn’t in. Low and behold, he’s tested positive! So I’m now in London, getting a rapid test with a 15 minute result, after the NHS one today, so I can know if I’ll be with my family or not this Christmas.

I’m showing no symptoms but due to my works Xmas lunches and boozy evenings that became non Covid compliant after everyone was pissed, I’m pretty pissed off. Hopefully it’s a negative and I can go to being Christmassy! And get bloody pissed.

Umm, going to the lunches and boozy evenings and relaxing covid compliance when you knew you were going to spend Christmas with your family puts you in bell cheese camp doesn’t it ? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yeah, I'll find a way to deactivate it next time while I'm off. It was only one day yesterday so I didn't bother, but I'm not having all this BUFFOONERY if I'm on proper hols.

Thankfully our place shuts down completely till the 4th Jan, so I'm not expecting any pings whatsoever.

Yep...if he knew you were on leave, and it was anything other than a life-threatening emergency, he’s a **** for even sending the message.

Umm, going to the lunches and boozy evenings and relaxing covid compliance when you knew you were going to spend Christmas with your family puts you in bell cheese camp doesn’t it ? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

There's a difference, I went to the lunch, then went home. They stayed at our bar back at our offices and as expected, all hell broke loose haha fwiw I tested Negative.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Merry ****ing Christmas!

How the hell was the selfish **** allowed to stay at work ?
The bosses should have made him leave immediately.
Glad you are negative- enjoy your Christmas

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
How the hell was the selfish **** allowed to stay at work ?
The bosses should have made him leave immediately.
Glad you are negative- enjoy your Christmas
I know it's Xmas but I think he should be severely reprimanded or sacked and so should his bosses... That is completely wrong, the selfish ****.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here