Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bell Cheeses at work

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Christ on a bike, I love having my own business, we're so far behind all of you and don't have a wellbeing room or a gratitude jar, we tend to adopt the age old practice of saying thank you or bring in a packet of biscuits.

same where I work, was talking about a friend who works for a US firm, just remembered the manager was sent to the Quiet Space :D

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
same where I work, was talking about a friend who works for a US firm, just remembered the manager was sent to the Quiet Space :D

.... or, the naughty step!

We had someone (worked with us briefly) suggest I should dress differently because people "can't see the leader in me", we're not customer facing and all wear what we want, predominately T shirt and jeans (shorts and flip flops in the Summer), I could wear a suit but it would be a bit odd as far as I'm concerned and only serve, in my eyes, as a barrier to communication and relationship building.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I'm not.

I do work for a national organisation though, so said team does cover the whole organisation rather than just the bit of it I work in.

it would be worth leaving home at 5 a.m just to get to work early so you could greet all your work mates standing upon the reception desk , trousers round ankles, attempting to jizz into the staff room kettle which would need to be in the middle of the reception area.....for extra effect a mexican wrestling mask could be worn.....see how that effects their well being ....for **** sake.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
.... or, the naughty step!

We had someone (worked with us briefly) suggest I should dress differently because people "can't see the leader in me", we're not customer facing and all wear what we want, predominately T shirt and jeans (shorts and flip flops in the Summer), I could wear a suit but it would be a bit odd as far as I'm concerned and only serve, in my eyes, as a barrier to communication and relationship building.
I had a manager a bit like that in my days at Amex. Same bloke also suggested that to 'get on' I needed to work on my 'personal brand'. I left soon after that

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I had a manager a bit like that in my days at Amex. Same bloke also suggested that to 'get on' I needed to work on my 'personal brand'. I left soon after that

I always thought that your 'personal brand' was lovely :kiss:

I haven't slipped into the sexual harassment at work thread, have I ?

Last edited:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
it would be worth leaving home at 5 a.m just to get to work early so you could greet all your work mates standing upon the reception desk , trousers round ankles, attempting to jizz into the staff room kettle which would need to be in the middle of the reception area.....for extra effect a mexican wrestling mask could be worn.....see how that effects their well being ....for **** sake.
Unfortunately I won't be taking that particular bit of advice as I actually quite like my job!

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
A colleague I’m vaguely acquainted with has just sent me an email. The initial greeting reads ‘Howdi Gunslinger’....

I blurted out a laugh when I read it but that’s a level of friendliness I wasn’t aware we’d reached.

I solemnly promise I will begin my reply with the best greeting suggested by your good selves, and provide a screenshot on this thread to prove I did it. Please bear in mind we are both senior managers in a large healthcare organisation, so wit over smut please.

Hit me.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I think you should stick with the western theme to show that you're entering into the spirit of his humour so simething like, "Howdy Pardner" or "Howdy Old Timer" or "Gud day Sherriff.. (followed by his surname) ", or "Line 'em up bartender", "Howdy Cowboy" or even "Cowpoke". One of those should make him feel his joke went down well. You could also intersperse your reply with a few western term like "high noon", "saddle up", etc. Or if you wanted to make him feel a little uncomfortable you could make no reference to his greeting whatsoever and respond in an extremely formal manner.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
A colleague I’m vaguely acquainted with has just sent me an email. The initial greeting reads ‘Howdi Gunslinger’....

I blurted out a laugh when I read it but that’s a level of friendliness I wasn’t aware we’d reached.

I solemnly promise I will begin my reply with the best greeting suggested by your good selves, and provide a screenshot on this thread to prove I did it. Please bear in mind we are both senior managers in a large healthcare organisation, so wit over smut please.

Hit me.

Could you have him for Sexual Harrasment ?

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes

Hit me.

I think you should respond as normal, then sing off with....

Yippee Ki Yay,

John.

AIT76

The wisdom of a fool
Jul 29, 2004

Hit me.

'Hiya cupcake'

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
I think you should stick with the western theme to show that you're entering into the spirit of his humour so simething like, "Howdy Pardner" or "Howdy Old Timer" or "Gud day Sherriff.. (followed by his surname) ", or "Line 'em up bartender", "Howdy Cowboy" or even "Cowpoke". One of those should make him feel his joke went down well. You could also intersperse your reply with a few western term like "high noon", "saddle up", etc. Or if you wanted to make him feel a little uncomfortable you could make no reference to his greeting whatsoever and respond in an extremely formal manner.

I like the idea of jiving with it a bit. The message was regarding a manager on call pager, which has a holster!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I like the idea of jiving with it a bit. The message was regarding a manager on call pager, which has a holster!

Ooh, there's a guy in my office who wears DOUBLE holsters, one on each side. I assume one is his work phone and the other is his personal phone. I'm tempted to challenge him to a duel.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
Gunslinger.PNG

Cheers [MENTION=33745]marlowe[/MENTION] & [MENTION=34926]Bob'n'weave[/MENTION]

It is done. I'll post his reply if he doesn't report me!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Hit me.

Got to be

HI HO SILVER!!

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Ooh, there's a guy in my office who wears DOUBLE holsters, one on each side. I assume one is his work phone and the other is his personal phone. I'm tempted to challenge him to a duel.

And it's taken 3874 posts in this thread before you brought this up ? Shame on you. Double phone holster is prime bell-cheesery.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
And it's taken 3874 posts in this thread before you brought this up ? Shame on you. Double phone holster is prime bell-cheesery.

I haven't been at this company for the whole time this thread has been going! Also, I probably have mentioned him before :lolol:

It is a strange one. I'm sure it takes more time to remove a phone from a holster than it does to remove it from a pocket.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here