Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bell Cheeses at work

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Indeed.

CRISPS has discovered almonds. Are they meant to be good for you, or something? She keeps them in her desk draw, in the noisiest packet known to mankind. She eats one at a time, throughout the day. Constantly. Almond 1 today was at 09.03am.

1. Draw slides open
2. Rustle of plastic as she seemingly searches around for a nut, in a bag of nuts.
3. Draw slams shut
4. Crunch, crunch, crunch.
5. 10 minute gap.
6. Draw slides open...

That my poor brain is wired to find plastic packets being rustled and food being crunched, massively annoying, does not mean for one minute that she is not a ****ing ****.

There is a way of extracting cyanide from raw, untreated bitter almonds. Just saying.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Think I'm going to need therapy after last week's episode of pure knob-buttery. Do you want to guess or shall I take a breath and say it?
Give us a small clue, or is this a yes/no game?

If the latter, I'll go first. Does it involve a graduate trainee who thinks they know everything?

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
A manager failing to understand that what they are asking you to do is unbelievably stupid and doomed to failure?

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Give us a small clue, or is this a yes/no game?

If the latter, I'll go first. Does it involve a graduate trainee who thinks they know everything?

Oh so-so much worse. With that, you can just put earphones in and ignore them. This, this is inescapable.

A chubby woman in her late forties.

#RouteOne

Close, along the lines of previous fitness-related gripes on this thread. Now, reverse the genders and think "on-site gym".

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Oh so-so much worse. With that, you can just put earphones in and ignore them. This, this is inescapable.

Close, along the lines of previous fitness-related gripes on this thread. Now, reverse the genders and think "on-site gym".

Using various bits of office equipment to develop a routine, which inevitably involves loud grunting, sly glances at any mirrors between sets and noisy consumption of a post-workout protein shake (with full but entirely appropriate 'wa***r' hand motions to mix it) and constant reference to how long he can plank ?

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Using various bits of office equipment to develop a routine, which inevitably involves loud grunting, sly glances at any mirrors between sets and noisy consumption of a post-workout protein shake (with full but entirely appropriate 'wa***r' hand motions to mix it) and constant reference to how long he can plank ?

Oh he uses bits of office equipment all right, and he's developed a routine for it. But not what you might expect.

Worse, because unlike your post, this isn't even ironically funny.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Oh he uses bits of office equipment all right, and he's developed a routine for it. But not what you might expect.

Worse, because unlike your post, this isn't even ironically funny.

I'm guessing he's a sweaty mess after doing his "workout" and has to deal with this problem in some way...

or

He does some kind of stretching routine involving his desk chair.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I'm guessing he's a sweaty mess after doing his "workout" and has to deal with this problem in some way...

or

He does some kind of stretching routine involving his desk chair.

First one.

Further clues are: modern office where the windows cannot be opened; modern office that is too small; and a radiator that strangely enough is always "on" when the weather is at its mildest outside.

Multiply that by a factor of Lycra and damp towels and you can do the maths. Let's just say, I never did think it was possible to have all your senses violated until recently.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
First one.

Further clues are: modern office where the windows cannot be opened; modern office that is too small; and a radiator that strangely enough is always "on" when the weather is at its mildest outside.

Multiply that by a factor of Lycra and damp towels and you can do the maths. Let's just say, I never did think it was possible to have all your senses violated until recently.

Oh dear. So are we talking full gym kit and towel being draped over every radiator in the office?

What you need is a fire safety bell cheese to rectify the problem.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Oh dear. So are we talking full gym kit and towel being draped over every radiator in the office?

Agreed. Towels and especially lycra on hot radiators is DEFINITELY a fire risk.

In fact, I'd advocate improving the ventilation too, by propping the office door open with a fire extinguisher. That should get FSBC into action pretty sharp.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Oh Jesus no......just wrong. Wear rubber gloves, put it in a plastic bag and chuck it. Every time he does it.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I took the liberty of taking Tesco's up on their 4 Easter Eggs for £6 last week. At £1.50 an egg, thought it was quite a good deal.

I ate two (sharing them with my work colleagues) and left two in the work fridge for this week.

Came in this morning to find that one of them has been "lifted". Whilst the money is, naturally, not a problem, it's the damn principle of the thing.

We have an egg thief!!!!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I took the liberty of taking Tesco's up on their 4 Easter Eggs for £6 last week. At £1.50 an egg, thought it was quite a good deal.

I ate two (sharing them with my work colleagues) and left two in the work fridge for this week.

Came in this morning to find that one of them has been "lifted". Whilst the money is, naturally, not a problem, it's the damn principle of the thing.

We have an egg thief!!!!

Tricky situation. Obviously the FATTY who stole the eggs is a Grade A BELL CHEESE. However, don't be tempted to send out an email, or put notes in the kitchen about not stealing people's food, otherwise you'll stray into the BC category yourself.

Last edited:

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Because I am female. Not been in the men's but doubt if they use as much toilet paper??

Somebody does at my place. Happened again this morning, walked into one of the traps and the bowl completely stuffed with bog roll.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here