Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bell Cheeses at work

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Just had an email sent round saying there are FLEAS in one of the offices and they are bringing in PEST control people. This just goes to show how ridiculous it is that dogs are allowed anywhere near the place.

Oh and of course the STUPID little runt dog has been PISSING everywhere this morning, which isn't disgusting, it's just funny (apparently).

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I love dogs. It an office is not the place for them. I guarantee it's not good for the dogs mental health to be I. That environment. They'll be bored stiff, hence the pissing everywhere. Terrible place for an animal for all concerned.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Just had an email sent round saying there are FLEAS in one of the offices and they are bringing in PEST control people. This just goes to show how ridiculous it is that dogs are allowed anywhere near the place.

This is EXCELLENT news [MENTION=6625]Badger[/MENTION]. Surely the pest control people are going to arrive, point at the DOGS and go "There's your problem, mate - you appear to have a load of DOGS in your office".

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
Sighing woman's dog's died. Can you imagine the drama?

She's taking the rest of the week off. I'm pretty certain she's going to make a play for it being compassionate leave - she's got no chance. I will cheerfully play hard heated boss.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm in a GOOD place. The dog here has 2 weeks holiday. The crisp monster is about to leave as she has the afternoon off, and the noise machine only works until 2pm - leaving me entirely on my own for the rest of the day. It's going to be a MAGNIFICENT (if possibly not terribly productive) afternoon.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
This is EXCELLENT news @Badger. Surely the pest control people are going to arrive, point at the DOGS and go "There's your problem, mate - you appear to have a load of DOGS in your office".

I do feel this is rather wishful thinking, my money is on the pest control person being a friend of one of the dog owners. It will all go down as one of those SILLY little office dramas that we all have to deal with.

Sighing woman's dog's died. Can you imagine the drama?

She's taking the rest of the week off. I'm pretty certain she's going to make a play for it being compassionate leave - she's got no chance. I will cheerfully play hard heated boss.

Don't play hard heated boss, just tell her she's a f***ing MORON and SIGH at her.

I'm in a GOOD place. The dog here has 2 weeks holiday. The crisp monster is about to leave as she has the afternoon off, and the noise machine only works until 2pm - leaving me entirely on my own for the rest of the day. It's going to be a MAGNIFICENT (if possibly not terribly productive) afternoon.

Life is full of this little MOMENTS of joy, you have to make the most of them.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
If it makes you feel any better today my office was a field in Surrey, 2 hours of stunt training and sword play followed by an hour of lying on the grass with the sun in my face watching planes fly across the sky and cafe del mar chill out 2013 on the phone. This is most days for me as the weather gets better. Your places sound nice though.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
If dogs in the office do your head in whatever you don't work for Health Management at Ringmer. It's almost compulsory to bring one to work!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
If dogs in the office do your head in whatever you don't work for Health Management at Ringmer. It's almost compulsory to bring one to work!

It's funny you should say that :thumbsup:

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα

It's funny you should say that :thumbsup:

I've just googled it and it's an occupational health provider... an OCCUPATIONAL HEALTHCARE PROVIDER that encourages DOGS IN THEIR OFFICES

This is mental, truly mental!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I've just googled it and it's an occupational health provider... an OCCUPATIONAL HEALTHCARE PROVIDER that encourages DOGS IN THEIR OFFICES

This is mental, truly mental!

Yes, I don't work in the client facing side of things but I'd be intrigued to know if they have had to deal with occupational health complaints involving dogs.

My biggest regret was in my interview I was asked the question "are you allergic to dogs?", I foolishly said that I'm not. I'm only METRES away from the dog-free office too :rant:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Thankfully I am not blighted by people bringing their ANIMALS in to sit around the office all day. That is an utterly bizarre state of affairs.

We do however have a bloke who has 2 dogs. They are the love of his life. So much so (and I'm not kidding), he has set up a CCTV camera in his living room, which links to an app on his phone. This means he can have his phone on his desk, showing a live grainy feed of his two mangy mutts loafing about on the settee all day. This leads to lots of 'thinking-out-loud' type comments, ostensibly to himself, but clearly designed to somehow make his dogs a topic of conversation that he hopes other people will join in on.

"Milly's ears have pricked up - I wonder what she's heard..."
"Oh just lay still Susie!"
"Don't worry girls, I'll be home soon to let you out"

He lives alone, funnily enough.

****, I actually cringed.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
****, I actually cringed.

The same bloke brought his phone over to me earlier today, interrupting Muttwatch, to show me a picture of his fried egg from this morning. It had two yolks. This was a breakfast event of such seismic magnitude it warranted a visit over to Payroll to show them too.

Kill me.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Yes, I don't work in the client facing side of things but I'd be intrigued to know if they have had to deal with occupational health complaints involving dogs.

My biggest regret was in my interview I was asked the question "are you allergic to dogs?", I foolishly said that I'm not. I'm only METRES away from the dog-free office too :rant:

Would love to have known what the liability status was if someone took a tumble. As I recall it was all the big cheese doctors upstairs seemed to have golden retrievers whilst the snooty finance women had a bloody great Alsatian.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Would love to have known what the liability status was if someone took a tumble. As I recall it was all the big cheese doctors upstairs seemed to have golden retrievers whilst the snooty finance women had a bloody great Alsatian.

Yes that makes an appearance in our office whenever she's over here, it's MASSIVE and always seems to come and stand next to me.

I opened the door into the side corridor this morning and INSTANTLY one of the stupid little dogs started YAPPING at me. It's no longer allowed in the kitchen (thankfully) so it gets left in the corridor when its owner goes to make a cup of tea.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
The same bloke brought his phone over to me earlier today, interrupting Muttwatch, to show me a picture of his fried egg from this morning. It had two yolks. This was a breakfast event of such seismic magnitude it warranted a visit over to Payroll to show them too.

Kill me.

Two yolks!? Lucky ******!

Show him the 'double rainbow' video. It might just explode his tiny little mind.

I find this "dogs in the office" thing most bizzare. Haven't worked in an office since 2004. all my jobs from leaving school in '77 until then were office based. I cannot believe during that time that even the most rabid dog lover would have dreamt of asking if they could bring their mutt on a permanent basis to work - when and why did it all change?

Always dive into this thread whenever it reappears - keep up the good work chaps (..and chappesses?)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here