Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bell Cheeses at work

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Where do you stand on "touch base" :)

A woman I went on a date with a few weeks ago said "let's touch base at the weekend" when we were arranging it. I was hoping she meant it in a different way. Sadly not. We haven't been out again.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
A woman I went on a date with a few weeks ago said "let's touch base at the weekend" when we were arranging it. I was hoping she meant it in a different way. Sadly not. We haven't been out again.

Did you not even touch first base? :nono:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
This just popped up on my facebook, top xmas bellcheesery
15319263_1489395281090605_3768674453571753263_n.jpg

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
Not sure if this constitutes bell cheesery but here we go.

There is an Aussie woman who is on the phone say 80% of the day and she puts headphones in and literally shouts down the phone, I can hear her in the kitchen which is about 30 metres away and walled. To make matters worse she is an active listener and her conversations for about 70% of the time consist of her going " YYISSSSS, SHAAAAAAWWWWW, SHAAAAAAAAAAAAW, RIGHT, SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAWW, OK (you get the point). Now luckily I have recently got a new job and I leave in two weeks. Suggestions for the last day? Go over snatch the phone, throw it on the floor, point at her and say JUST STOP IT. STOP IT!(Trump style)

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Indeed. An office full of Apple Macs. Bellcheesery at its finest.

Unfortunately I have to use a Macbook at work for developing iOS apps. There's a proper Apple BELLCHEESE on my team (Macbook, iPhone 7, iPad, Apple Watch, the whole works) who loves to go on the defensive whenever I mention something I don't like about it. This happens quite often because I've rapidly discovered that using a Macbook for development work is much worse than any Windows PC I've used before. Apparently I'll "get used to it" and "learn to love it" but 7 months later I'd say my opinion of Apple has gone down even further.

As I type this, the Bluetooth connection has failed, disabling my headphones and mouse.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Local salad bar had a 'deal' on for a cheap salad at lunchtime. Went to buy my work colleague a salad and they had run out of the deal ones. Thought i'd get him one anyway (since his mobile was off when i called him to check) so he didn't go hungry but it cost £4 rather than £2.50.When i returned he said didn't want it and refused to pay me unless i sold it to him for £2.50...Proper BELL in my book. Given i work out his bonus at year end could cost him more than £1.50 ???

What kind of absolute smegma chooses a salad for lunch?

I despair.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
Unfortunately I have to use a Macbook at work for developing iOS apps. There's a proper Apple BELLCHEESE on my team (Macbook, iPhone 7, iPad, Apple Watch, the whole works) who loves to go on the defensive whenever I mention something I don't like about it. This happens quite often because I've rapidly discovered that using a Macbook for development work is much worse than any Windows PC I've used before. Apparently I'll "get used to it" and "learn to love it" but 7 months later I'd say my opinion of Apple has gone down even further.

As I type this, the Bluetooth connection has failed, disabling my headphones and mouse.

If Xcode hits a breakpoint it cuts out my bluetooth headphones...

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Did your firm have to pay three times as much for the headphones and mouse (that don't work very well) too?

The headphones are mine, but it's a "Magic Mouse" which apparently cost a fortune. It's f***ing useless if you want to use Google Maps, unless you like constantly zooming in and out. The first 5 minutes of my day are spent trying to get the mouse to talk to the Macbook.

They've just ordered a new Macbook Pro for me. What's great is I will need at least three expensive adaptors in order to plug things into it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
They've just ordered a new Macbook Pro for me. What's great is I will need at least three expensive adaptors in order to plug things into it.

I reckon that grotto thing above probably needs 3 adapters too. And it is probably built using last year's cardboard and cotton wool.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
This probably sounds very petty, but hopefully doesn't make me a bell cheese.

I've never felt this to quite such an extent before, and perhaps it's a sign that I'm really passing from pleb to management, but I'm really starting to get pissed off with people who do a shit job, and i have to spend more time sorting it out than I would have done if I'd just done the job myself.

For example, we have to download a lot of information from local councils' websites. One of my colleagues has downloaded a couple of dozen pdfs and they've all got names like 876itiggt7tt96tr.pdf instead of Worthing Local Plan 2011.pdf. So I have to open each one to find out what it is the close it again to rename it then open up the ones I want again.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
This probably sounds very petty, but hopefully doesn't make me a bell cheese.

I've never felt this to quite such an extent before, and perhaps it's a sign that I'm really passing from pleb to management, but I'm really starting to get pissed off with people who do a shit job, and i have to spend more time sorting it out than I would have done if I'd just done the job myself.

For example, we have to download a lot of information from local councils' websites. One of my colleagues has downloaded a couple of dozen pdfs and they've all got names like 876itiggt7tt96tr.pdf instead of Worthing Local Plan 2011.pdf. So I have to open each one to find out what it is the close it again to rename it then open up the ones I want again.

I'm with you on this one. If the data needs to be accessible at a glance to ANYONE then to not rename them from their catalogued name to something more sensible is idiotic.

Can you SACK them?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here