Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bell Cheeses at work

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I’ve been forced to sit through an hour and a half presentation on AGILE.

We’re 40 minutes in and apparently

“It works”

“All companies are embracing this way of working”

Thing is 40 minutes in and I still have NO IDEA what Agile is - other than a set of random 12 principles with such nuggets as:

Simplicity - the art of maximising the amount of work NOT done is essential.

Christ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s a pile of **** - a smart-arsed way of making ‘getting stuff done quickly and practically using mostly common sense’ sound new that some senior management seem to fall for (to make up for their own shortcomings in being unable to make decisions or manage projects to budgets and deadlines) and spunk 000s on to have some twattish consultant in a shiny suit help them ‘identify sprints to quick wins’ or some such bollocks.

See also ‘six sigma blackbelts’.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It’s a pile of **** - a smart-arsed way of making ‘getting stuff done quickly and practically using mostly common sense’ sound new that some senior management seem to fall for (to make up for their own shortcomings in being unable to make decisions or manage projects to budgets and deadlines) and spunk 000s on to have some twattish consultant in a shiny suit help them ‘identify sprints to quick wins’ or some such bollocks.

still on the fence with Agile then?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I'm back to my pet hate, offshore helpdesks.
Currently working in Suffolk training some blokes on very old technology. On Friday I booted up my laptop but it wouldn't start so I rang the helpdesk and got through to a lad in the Punjab. At the very start I said to him "I'm sorry but I have hearing problems and being in a big office on a normal phone I might struggle so can you speak slowly and clearly please".
"Okay. Putter putter putter putter putter putter putter putter putter putter putter putter "
"Didn't catch a word of that, can you speak more slowly please"
"Sorry. putter putter putter putter putter putter "

This went on for a while until he said "I will transfer you" (bits of "putter" in there as well).
A minute on hold and I got "Hello my love, are you having trouble ?" with a slight East Anglian accent. She then told me "go to room 22, Mick's expecting you"
When I got back Monday it was waiting or me.

Remind me again, what value do offshore helpdesks provide ?

Oh, and as for Agile, I see it as a reason to f..k off home early with a cheery "I'm flexing myself agile, seeya"

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane

The “course” was billed as Agile for LEADERS.

I’m tempted to hack the learning plan to Agile for LOSERS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Net net, I think you’re pushing the envelope a bit too far at the margin with this one.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Going forward, I think we should take this offline and reach out to all the stakeholders. Then we can touch base at close of play on Friday.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Going forward, I think we should take this offline and reach out to all the stakeholders. Then we can touch base at close of play on Friday.
If that is the case, you can all f*** off, because I've just booked Friday off and gone home.

:wave::flounce::hilton:

SpongebobSquarepants

Jun 16, 2006
Sunny Worthing
I literally have to put up with the idiot youngsters who sit behind me literally saying literally in literally every sentence.
That and the fact they witter on about love island constantly makes putting on headphones literally my only escape.

Today the enormous lesbian just behind me said "I literally shit my pants". No you didn't

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Not exactly at work, but.........

Those people who use their phones through car speakers, via Bluetooth, especially when they're outside their homes.
So bloody loud!!
They sound like wannabee town criers, can't they just talk normally on the phone instead?
:flounce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here