Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bell Cheeses at work

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
I’ve spotted this local job vacancy but I need a translator please: Lead scrum master to work within the Peoplefluent global matrixed organisation.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
but along with great banter they also get free education , free health care and a free house ................why T F are they bothered about what team to support ...???
I know I'm rewinding a bit here, but what the **** were you on about with this post [MENTION=420]sydney[/MENTION] ? You never explained it and it's..... confusing, to say the least.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I know I'm rewinding a bit here, but what the **** were you on about with this post [MENTION=420]sydney[/MENTION] ? You never explained it and it's..... confusing, to say the least.

it was an obvious attempt to start a bit of argy bargy with pro immigrant brigade suggesting that new arrivals should be happy to support Crewe Alexander , Oldham or Rochdale and leave the high flyers of the Prem. to the Aryan folk.....and i was probably pissed ..!! i usually am on here to be honest , i'm off the sauce for the moment though and now the season has started i'll be avoiding political comments...:thumbsup:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
it was an obvious attempt to start a bit of argy bargy with pro immigrant brigade suggesting that new arrivals should be happy to support Crewe Alexander , Oldham or Rochdale and leave the high flyers of the Prem. to the Aryan folk.....and i was probably pissed ..!! i usually am on here to be honest , i'm off the sauce for the moment though and now the season has started i'll be avoiding political comments...:thumbsup:

Politics has no place on this thread or the running thread. Them's the rules and they normally self regulate. However, should people temporarily forget I now have the power to make them remember.

*waves mod wand*
*evil cackle*

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Politics has no place on this thread or the running thread. Them's the rules and they normally self regulate. However, should people temporarily forget I now have the power to make them remember.

*waves mod wand*
*evil cackle*

Quite right.........not having the two best threads on NSC ruined with that shite.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Apologies for pedantry: AlexandRA

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I had to work with a feller today for the first time in years and I was reminded of his claim to fame: He used to print out al his emails and read them on the train home.

I kid you not, there is someone who works for a large Town Council who told me he prints off e-mails, during a conversation about how changes in the digital world must make his role easier, and he then puts them in his IN mail tray and adds three days to the date so that anyone sending in requests by post isn't disadvantaged ....

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I kid you not, there is someone who works for a large Town Council who told me he prints off e-mails, during a conversation about how changes in the digital world must make his role easier, and he then puts them in his IN mail tray and adds three days to the date so that anyone sending in requests by post isn't disadvantaged ....

How has this DINLOW not been fired yet? Christ.

We’re having a purge on printing when it emerged that across 441 permanent staff in our division we spent $115,000 on printing costs last year.

The bell cheese element comes in when you realise that 75% of that cost was from printing client valuation summaries or new investment proposals for new/existing clients. Speculate to accumulate right?

So some TIT sent round a missive outlining what acceptable print costs per head were - something in the order of $50 per month per person - and encouraged use of the centralised print service to produce all client facing docs. Guess what said CJT hadn’t factored in? The unit cost for having it centrally produced and sent by DHL to our building was about $35 🤣[emoji85]

Cue a tripling of centrally supplied/allocated costs. Wonderful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
How has this DINLOW not been fired yet? Christ.

We’re having a purge on printing when it emerged that across 441 permanent staff in our division we spent $115,000 on printing costs last year.

The bell cheese element comes in when you realise that 75% of that cost was from printing client valuation summaries or new investment proposals for new/existing clients. Speculate to accumulate right?

So some TIT sent round a missive outlining what acceptable print costs per head were - something in the order of $50 per month per person - and encouraged use of the centralised print service to produce all client facing docs. Guess what said CJT hadn’t factored in? The unit cost for having it centrally produced and sent by DHL to our building was about $35 ��[emoji85]

Cue a tripling of centrally supplied/allocated costs. Wonderful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm surprised, in the digital world we live in, how much is still printed.

Love this example of bellcheeseiness though!

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I'm surprised, in the digital world we live in, how much is still printed.

Love this example of bellcheeseiness though!

I reckon we print more than ever before. In the 'good old days' you wrote a report once - and that was it. Now, there are drafts, redrafts, re-redrafts and so on - most of which are printed because despite advances in technology I think the majority of us still find it easier to read detail and proof read things if they are actually on paper. And because of email, these drafts and stuff are often sent to dozens of people, all of whom print them out! Also, the ease of generating documents with pictures, diagrams, and so on, just means that everything is wordier and longer than before. Hence yet more printing.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I don't know people's opinions on anonymous, passive aggressive notes but I'm really getting peed off with the number of Post-it or A4 notices sprining up at my workplace.

- Telling people not to run away from a printer jam
- Telling people to recycle sheets of paper instead of abandoning them next to the printer
- Don't throw coffee grounds down the sink
- Don't take food that's not yours from the fridge
- Multiple notices about keeping the kitchen worktop clean (Including one entitled: "Oi, you dirty rascals...", complete with a ****ing picture of Tinkerbell and concluding with the sentence "You might think there's a washing-up fairy, but There ISN'T!!")

Handwritten notices are bad enough, but it's the A4 type-up ones with WordArt and COMIC SANS font that gets to me.

Problem is it's a tricky situation: all of the above offences are annoying in their own right, but I just get so wound up about the do-gooders and bossy-boots creating these memos of malcontent. Am I alone here or is this a widely-held irritation?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here