Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bell Cheeses at work

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Who the hell has a donor kebab....for LUNCH ??

I have to be seven sheets to the wind, absolutely trollied out of my tiny box, staggering around on a rainswept sink estate at 2am, having had nothing but a Pot Noodle and bag of pork scratchings in the preceding 12 hours. I don't think I've EVER consumed a kebab sober, much less at my desk in a lunchbreak.

Your office must smell like a turkish knocking shop.

i'm a builder , i'll eat what i want, when i want , i treat office workers with the disdain they deserve....i have never eaten a pot noodle in my life ....1 chromosone away from polyester.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I'm working at our place in suffolk this week. Woman came round today with a jar of money, notepad and pen.
"would you like to take part in.."
"NO"

Why do some people feel the need to organise things ?

Turns out she was taking orders for freshly made sandwiches and rolls, which I was advised are both cheap and very nice, so the bell cheese here is me for being a curmudgeonly old ****.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
You know how people order parcels to the office because they don't want to get home to find one of those "we're sorry we missed you" cards on their doormat? Our office is quite happy for people to order things, and I do it myself maybe once or twice a month. However, there's a guy on my team who seems to get every single thing he buys delivered to the office. A day doesn't go by without our poor receptionist lugging some parcel over here and dumping it on his desk. Recent things he's ordered include: 2 large rugs, a back massager, a ukulele, a case of beer, and a mop.

What makes it particularly stupid is that he lives in a building with a concierge who can accept parcels. He could just get it delivered to his home address and collect it when he gets home. Instead, he waits for a big enough pile of parcels to build up at work and then hires a ZipCar for a couple of hours so he can come to the office and pick everything up.

This is his pile from just last week (yes, that's a mop at the front).

IMG_20181010_101339.jpg

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Who the hell has a donor kebab....for LUNCH ??

I have to be seven sheets to the wind, absolutely trollied out of my tiny box, staggering around on a rainswept sink estate at 2am, having had nothing but a Pot Noodle and bag of pork scratchings in the preceding 12 hours. I don't think I've EVER consumed a kebab sober, much less at my desk in a lunchbreak.

Your office must smell like a turkish knocking shop.

Oh dear...

Well as someone who eats Cornish Pasties for breakfast it shouldn't really surprise you to know that I have also had kebabs for lunch. Chicken kebabs to be precise (in a pitta like a doner). I was a contractor working for a small company in Enfield. Once a month the owner/MD would order in chicken kebabs for all of us for lunch, and we'd sit and eat them in the meeting room (there was only one and it was big enough for all of us). It was fantastic.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You jest, but I wouldn't be surprised if he has ordered a pen before.

:lolol:

I must admit, I am also guilty of having my junk delivered at work. Highlights would be a large awning (so long it wouldn't fit in the lift, and had to be humped up and then down 6 flights of stairs), and a fairly heavy coffee table that arrived in sections over the course of 3 days.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Oh dear...

Well as someone who eats Cornish Pasties for breakfast it shouldn't really surprise you to know that I have also had kebabs for lunch. Chicken kebabs to be precise (in a pitta like a doner). I was a contractor working for a small company in Enfield. Once a month the owner/MD would order in chicken kebabs for all of us for lunch, and we'd sit and eat them in the meeting room (there was only one and it was big enough for all of us). It was fantastic.

I haven't had a doner for lunch, but got quite into having street food when I was working in the New York office (totally accepted over there) - stuffed pittas, shish, tacos etc. Usually stinks the office out for ages afterwards

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I haven't had a doner for lunch, but got quite into having street food when I was working in the New York office (totally accepted over there) - stuffed pittas, shish, tacos etc. Usually stinks the office out for ages afterwards

Can't beat the Halal street vendors - authentic New York, always fresh, friendly service and half the cost of Pret. Lamb Gyros are amazing

cart-and-crowd.jpg

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Oh dear...

I'm sure there's a post earlier in this thread somewhere from me about the absolutely amazing kebab shop near my old company's start up office in a shitty bit of the Isle of Dogs. The spicy chicken in naan bread was out of this world, basically a tandoori chicken kebab wrapped in a perfect naan with a tiny bit of salad as an afterthough and a can of full fat coke. Once a month or so the small, all male team would get them in and eat them in the development room together which, obviously, then smelled of a Turkish knocking shop.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
:lolol:

I must admit, I am also guilty of having my junk delivered at work. Highlights would be a large awning (so long it wouldn't fit in the lift, and had to be humped up and then down 6 flights of stairs), and a fairly heavy coffee table that arrived in sections over the course of 3 days.

Of course, 20 minutes after my post the receptionist came over with a parcel for me :lolol:
(It's a book, in case you're wondering)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here