Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bell Cheeses at work

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Noise is on a bit of a MISSION today - BUSTLE dial, up to 10. She's decided the office needs a 'good sort out'. It doesn't. Its fine.

Bustle, bustle, bustle, siiiiiiiigh, bustle, bustle. "Do we really need THIS?" (Yes)
"Shall I get rid of THIS?" (No)
"Do you think the desks are laid out right?" (Yes)
"If mine moved there, and... " (Just **** off and make some tea, would you?)

As for Crisps, she's very quiet this week, since 'ReversingIntoHRDirector'sCarGATE'. There's news on that though, which is 100% going to lead to future nonsense:

All second hand info, via WorkshopLad (she doesn't speak a word to me, except for essential work, because she KNOWS). Anyway - turns out Crisps' partner 'can fix that'. 'Save anyone losing their no-claims or anything'. So she's managed to talk HRD into letting her (absolute FREAK of a ) partner, loose on her three year old Audi A3. Apparently is 'just the plastic bumper' which can be 'sorted no problem'. From one quick glance, there is DEFINITELY no further damage, to the chassis, support bars, etc. DEFINITELY.

Brilliant. We haven’t heard the last of this [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
On an ITSO call - Techie Town grrrr

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Sometimes when I feel down I read this to cheer myself up and realise life isn't that bad.

I find this and the Trump thread comedy gold, the irony and lack of self awareness is hilarious, to me. For example, in a lot of companies crisp woman would be moved, warned or fired even. entertaining but also reflects the lack of power. leverage or respect the posters have in this thread. Wait untill the low IQ SJW's end up working in HR departments en mass, this thread will be like a blaze at a fireworks factory.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Haha, trying to justify them....you know what you are, don’t you [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] [emoji931] [emoji893]

Why would the concept only apply to IT or manufacturing out of interest ? Wouldn’t a ‘small task’ apply to, say, a minor change in operating procedures for example ? I’m sure some of the PM knobjockeys we seem to employ could find a way of using them..........but only if they were allowed to use the wankwords

it would be good for changing procedures, if you have ones that need frequent review and change, but usually businesses dont on a day to day basis, or if you do somethings wrong with the output of the process.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The customer ordered a 10 gig service because they want to pass up to 10 gig of data. Common sense would tell you that if you've set your kit to 1 gig, it isn't going to pass 10 gig.
This isn't consumer broadband.

I'm with you on this one mate!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I find this and the Trump thread comedy gold, the irony and lack of self awareness is hilarious, to me. For example, in a lot of companies crisp woman would be moved, warned or fired even. entertaining but also reflects the lack of power. leverage or respect the posters have in this thread. Wait untill the low IQ SJW's end up working in HR departments en mass, this thread will be like a blaze at a fireworks factory.

They already do in our place. I could start a whole new thread on what that bunch of clowns do (or don’t do, or how they do it)

Biker-Marty

Mar 15, 2018
Does anyone elses company have the dreaded 'huddle boards'?
Where every day every team (we have about 20) have to get up in front of their own team board and talk through the succeses and issues of the day, followed by a huddle review with questions like 'was everyone standing and paying attention (No), did everyone contribute (No).
Complete waste of 15 minutes for everyone concerned.

As someone who likes as little interaction with fellow team members as possible it's particularly painful when having to go through the daily issues (same as yesterday), and plans for the coming day (same as yesterday).

Please say its not just my company? Actually I was visiting my father in law in hospital last week and saw they had huddle boards as well!

Yes, happens at my place of work too.

See all the teams, every morning, standing around these silly triangular whiteboards.

Fortunately, work in a different building to my team, so don't have to participate.

Know my Job inside out, so get a message telling me what to get on with. Far more sensible way of doing things.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I have this guy that sits behind me that seems to have a different ring-tone for every person, which are actual songs that play on full blast. His phone goes off literally every 5 minutes every day and he sometimes lets them ring and ring to let the songs play- I think he is hoping that people will comment on how great his shitty songs are. I can't guarantee that I'm not going to snap and strangle him with a USB cable or **** him with my cafetiere at some point today.

The thought that he has spent time on assigning these different songs to different people is hilarious and sad in equal measure.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
There's a woman behind me, that in the last 8 working days has said 'Long story short' 6 times when talking to her colleagues. It's the way she says it too, in a sort of 'I'm cool, young, in the media' sort of way. Just gets on my nerves! In the previous year, I've not heard her say it once.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Our preferred follow-up to a 'deep dive' is often a 'drains up'. This frequently involves fecal solids and air-conditioning in close proximity.

Only if you "offer a Segway into that particular opportunity set".

Rather worryingly I've found myself using the phrase "net net" a lot recently. My girlfriend didn't understand what I was talking about when I used it at home. Is this just financial markets bellcheesery or is it used across other professions too?

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Rather worryingly I've found myself using the phrase "net net" a lot recently. My girlfriend didn't understand what I was talking about when I used it at home. Is this just financial markets bellcheesery or is it used across other professions too?

Never heard of that one, I think you might be in a spot of bother there!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There's a bloke I work with who starts almost every conversational sentence about ANYTHING with "I'm not being funny, but...."

No.

You're not.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
One of my colleagues has started missing the last adjective or verb out of sentences and replacing them with the word absolutely......... "we've got to be absolutely" or "it has to be absolutely".................we're nearly at the tipping point when I go off on one......"Absolutely F***ing what? For crying out loud finish your F***ing sentences, unless you're agreeing with someone, finishing a sentence with the word "absolutely" makes no F***ing sense whatsoever"

Of course we all know I'll probably say absolutely nothing.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Only if you "offer a Segway into that particular opportunity set".

Did you mean segue or does your firm constantly offer people one of these?

6115203_rd.jpg

Sounds expensive. :lolol:

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006

I hear that one a lot. Work in finance, not financial markets. I may have completely misunderstood, but "net net" just seems to mean, well, "net".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here