Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bell Cheeses at work

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
To be honest, I'd say the bell cheeses in these situations are the ones leaving all their dirty plates/mugs/cutlery for someone else to clean up..

What I am noticing more and more throughout this thread is - in amongst all the different types of BC there are vaguely two opposing groups of people, both of which appear to think the others are the Bell Cheeses;

Group 1 - Fastidious, clean, conscientous, polite, hard worker, puts the hours in - hates laziness, dirtiness, low standards of others.

Group 2 - Relaxed, care-free, calm, bit lazy, mentally a bit checked out of the job - hates political correctness, management speak, anything appearing overly officious.

I'm certainly more a Group 2er than a Group 1er, but it's amusing watching different people have completely different concepts of who the Bell Cheese is.

So which is it? Which are you?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
What I am noticing more and more throughout this thread is - in amongst all the different types of BC there are vaguely two opposing groups of people, both of which appear to think the others are the Bell Cheeses;

Group 1 - Fastidious, clean, conscientous, polite, hard worker, puts the hours in - hates laziness, dirtiness, low standards of others.

Group 2 - Relaxed, care-free, calm, bit lazy, mentally a bit checked out of the job - hates political correctness, management speak, anything appearing overly officious.

I'm certainly more a Group 2er than a Group 1er, but it's amusing watching different people have completely different concepts of who the Bell Cheese is.

Under Group 1 add "but thinks monitoring NSC every 15 minutes is ok"

If so, I'm more a Group 1 type

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
** regarding all these mentions of shoes under desks, why is it women feel the need to treat their under desk space as a secondary shoe cupboard ? How many pairs of shoes does a person genuinely need in an average working week !! **
Girl who sat next to me recently moved to a new job abroad. Had 9 pairs under the desk when she came to pack up.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
** regarding all these mentions of shoes under desks, why is it women feel the need to treat their under desk space as a secondary shoe cupboard ? How many pairs of shoes does a person genuinely need in an average working week !! **

Girl who sat next to me recently moved to a new job abroad. Had 9 pairs under the desk when she came to pack up.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

I'm guessing that it's because so many women wear impractical, uncomfortably stupid footwear that they need a selection to give their feet a change - female logic
(I wear Doc boots ALL YEAR :) )

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
The office radio is currently playing "The Importance of Being Idle" by Oasis. If you're aware of the song you'll know it has a lazy, persistent 'marching' beat.

Someone in the room is tapping his index finger on his desk in (imperfect) time to this beat. When it gets to the bit after Noel sings "I can't get a life if my hearts not in iiiitt..." his tapping doubles in time. TAP TAP TAP TAP TAPTAPTAPTAPTAPTAPTAP.

3 minutes of pure, unadulterated hell.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
IMG_2432.JPG

Had to wait for Crisps to leave, to take this for you all.

The bins are emptied at the weekend.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Popcorn is healthy though innit, only 99 calories per serving.

(Bag contains 8 servings)

Actually, with the exception of the Crunchie, it's a TEXTBOOK "I'm trying to be healthy" bin.

Tuna & Sweetcorn sandwich - obviously healthy, it only has green and orange traffic lights on the pack.
Popcorn - 99 calories per serving or whatever.
Go Ahead - 71 calories per bar.

The fact that she ate the ENTIRE bag of popcorn and the ENTIRE box of Go Ahead bars is irrelevant. It's all healthy stuff.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Completely both, apart from not lazy (2).

People who get on best where I work are bright, driven and collegiate. Those who lack the latter either get stabbed at some point (in the front) or never truly fulfil their ambitions and end up bitter. The lower end of the ****wittery spectrum is mostly a systems failure rather than down to individuals. OK so individuals write the system so individual stupitittery is at fault, but its mostly well meaning.

Long ago I realised the world would be better if I dictated it, but dictatorship stifles evolution and I have magnanimously decided to let the system get on with it, in its own interest. I'm all heart.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Actually, with the exception of the Crunchie, it's a TEXTBOOK "I'm trying to be healthy" bin.

Don't be harsh [MENTION=6625]Badger[/MENTION]

Everyone's entitled to ONE little treat.

Tuna & Sweetcorn sandwich - obviously healthy, it only has green and orange traffic lights on the pack.
Popcorn - 99 calories per serving or whatever.
Go Ahead - 71 calories per bar.

The fact that she ate the ENTIRE bag of popcorn and the ENTIRE box of Go Ahead bars is irrelevant. It's all healthy stuff.

I should add for accuracy that I don't think she actually polished off the entire pack of GoAhead bars. Just the final TWO out of that box, I think. Though the day's intake did also include a particularly noisy pasta-in-a-cup / cup-a-soup type thing.

And some 'slimming tea'.

No, I've no idea, either.

up652es

Feb 5, 2017
Ahem, (clears throat, looks nervously over both shoulders) This is my first post on this board, and I will come straight out with the fact that I am a Palace fan. I visited this board back in February and started reading this thread, I have read it numerous times since. I will admit that I find it the best thread that I have ever read on the internet. Organisational Bellcheesery transcends football rivalry and I will keep checking this brilliant thread.

Other than that, I hope you enjoy your journey in the Premier League, and relish all four points you get in the 2017.18 season :clap:

(seriously though, well done)

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington

Was Group 1 but have migrated to Group 2 over the past few years...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here