Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL NFL 2014 Thread

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Late TD from the cowboys not enough to save them from a 28-17 victory by the 49ers - It's starting to get interesting.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
JJ Watt causing mayhem once again including blocking an extra point.

After Week 1, the Texans are already halfway towards equaling last season's total victories.

JJ Watt is ridiculous. Must be in with a very good chance of becoming the best defensive player of all time.

As a Washington fan I'm very much looking forward to seeing who the team picks with the no 1 overall selection in next year's draft.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Someone put a fork in the Colts. 24-0 down before the first half ends and a defensive coordinator somewhere forgot that Julius Thomas existed.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
So... the Colts lost. I was right.

In brighter news, the NFL's most consistent team over the last few years are still in with a shot at another 4-12 season. :annoyed:

Silver and Cack.
Commitment to Excrement.
Pride and Poison.

One day, one day.

Just win one, baby.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Well the Redskins continued their celebration of the mediocre and inept. I've been looking for ward to this season for months and I feel crushed after ONE game. JJ Watt is a beast, what a performance.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Anyone watch the Steelers game?

The first half was a procession of such epic proportions, I couldn't work out if the Steelers looked good or the Browns had actually managed to get worse. Went out to do a few bits, came back in with the scores level and the Steelers needed a late FG to win it. I suspect they'll need to be better against the Ravens on Thursday.

On the plus side, it looks like we may have at last found a running back worthy of the name - nearly 200 yards from scrimmage for Le'veon bell and he's in my fantasy team. Result.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
My Steelers friends must have been doing their nut. Looking forward to watch the condensed version of that game later on. Bell is an excellent back, should be great in fantasy.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
So... the Colts lost. I was right.

In brighter news, the NFL's most consistent team over the last few years are still in with a shot at another 4-12 season. :annoyed:

Silver and Cack.
Commitment to Excrement.
Pride and Poison.

One day, one day.

Just win one, baby.
At least, unlike the Redskins fan, I was not looking forward to the season with ANY expectation. Let's just hope my Dolphin loving friends are kind on our trip to Wembley.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
This Bills fan's delighted, and a bit shocked, at an opening-day win in Chicago. The first time they've ever won there, I think. Flashes of the QB Manuel could develop into, flashes of the running game they could have this season. No doubt Miami will bring Bills everywhere back to the ground with a bump next week, so I'm not going to get excited yet, but 14 years is long enough to wait for the play-offs, I think. Could this finally be the year?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
At least, unlike the Redskins fan, I was not looking forward to the season with ANY expectation. Let's just hope my Dolphin loving friends are kind on our trip to Wembley.

My brother is a Raiders fan and I am treating him to the wembley game, after yesterday I ma wondering whether this was the act of generosity it once seemed. Still think it will be decent
game and looking forward to seeing the Black Hole at wembley.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Ray Rice kicked out of Baltimore.

Contract terminated

New footage released today of him sparking out his missus in a lift.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Stafford and Megatron ripping the giants a new one early on. Lions looking good.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Best start in 34 years for the Lions with a solid 35-14 win against the Giants. Coughlin described the Giants offence as a ‘work in progress’ – you can say that again. There are a lot of troubling signs for the Giants that need to be fixed, especially the turnover trend. Matt Stafford had a great game for the Lions including a rush TD. I’m not expecting much from the Jets this season but am hoping for better from the Giants. Not a good start, and a lot of work to do in the next week.

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
Best start in 34 years for the Lions with a solid 35-14 win against the Giants. Coughlin described the Giants offence as a ‘work in progress’ – you can say that again. There are a lot of troubling signs for the Giants that need to be fixed, especially the turnover trend. Matt Stafford had a great game for the Lions including a rush TD. I’m not expecting much from the Jets this season but am hoping for better from the Giants. Not a good start, and a lot of work to do in the next week.

Philly should walk the NFC East this year

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
This Bills fan's delighted, and a bit shocked, at an opening-day win in Chicago. The first time they've ever won there, I think. Flashes of the QB Manuel could develop into, flashes of the running game they could have this season. No doubt Miami will bring Bills everywhere back to the ground with a bump next week, so I'm not going to get excited yet, but 14 years is long enough to wait for the play-offs, I think. Could this finally be the year?

I think you've got a future star in Watkins. I know he started off a little slow but he was carrying an injury.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here