Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL NFL 2014 Thread

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Jadeveon Clowney? Blake Bortles? Ace Sanders?Is somebody making up these names as they go along?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
I do, I got to see him play at Cowboys Stadium in the AT&T Cotton Bowl a couple years ago. He blew us apart and was a great college QB. Not surprised at all to see him down at #22, just cannot see how his game will translate and think there's a strong possibility of him getting hurt early in his career.

Think you could be right.
Often when watching his highlights he seemed to benefit for poor defence as much as being a slippery eel

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton
Think you could be right.
Often when watching his highlights he seemed to benefit for poor defence as much as being a slippery eel

Yeah, I tend to agree, just by watching the way he carries the football and how he doesn't tuck it away, it raises questions. Defenses in the NFL are so much faster and those safeties hit with so much more power, he's gonna have a massive target on his back carrying the ball like that.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Jared Allen on the Bears is just scary.

There have been fantasy leagues in the past, [MENTION=272]Gritt23[/MENTION] normally runs a few leagues. I did however use LeagueSafe.com last year which allows for a little wager to be put on the league so if people were up for that, I could set one up.

I'm always interested in joining Leagues.

I have 2 or 3 that I either run or that I'm in, which are Keeper / Dynasty Leagues. That always throws up the odd opportunity for a new managers as there are always a couple of drop-outs.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Jadeveon Clowney? Blake Bortles? Ace Sanders?Is somebody making up these names as they go along?

I know he's not in the draft, but I thought the NY Giants player who got arrested for literally shooting himself in the foot - Plaxico Burress - had a pretty cool name

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Pleased we took Johnny Football tbh....he should give the whole organisation a real kick up the backside after some dire years recently under center. Intrigued by Terrance West at RB - looks like he could form a decent 1-2 punch with Ben Tate in the backfield....but disappointed they didn't take a WR after learning that Josh Gordon could be out for a while with his substance abuse ban (depending on what the league decide)....

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Results for the New York teams in the pre-season games tonight. Jets got done 37-7 against the Eagles. They’ll be lucky to go 4-12. When are they going to get rid of that fraud Rex Ryan, how that guy is still in charge is beyond belief. Giants beat the Pats 16-13 in a solid performance.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Results for the New York teams in the pre-season games tonight. Jets got done 37-7 against the Eagles. They’ll be lucky to go 4-12. When are they going to get rid of that fraud Rex Ryan, how that guy is still in charge is beyond belief. Giants beat the Pats 16-13 in a solid performance.

Pre season really means nothing at all unless you take say the first quarter of games 2 and 3 in to account when its 1st team o v 1st team d other than that it is players playing for positions and a large number will not be in the roster.

The season effectively starts from today whoop whoop

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
All interested need to be watching this season's Hard Knocks early Tuesday mornings at 00:55 on Channel 4 or catch up with it on 4oD:
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/nfl-hard-knocks/4od

Last year's Hard Knocks episodes featuring The Bengals can be found on Youtube.

Quality program is Hard Knocks. Shame they don't have a pre season programme like this about one of the top premier league teams over here.

Never happen....

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Nice to see the Trojans up to #5 in the AP poll.

Fight On!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here