Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL NFL 2014 Thread

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
No mention of the mighty Cardinals anywhere? Shameful!

Very good comeback win. Think they might have a strong season this year.

Incidentally, it was the wettest day EVER in Phoenix yesterday (well, since they started recording these things). Over 5 inches in Chandler in about 7 hours. Absolute craziness.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
colts fan myself

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
[SUB][/SUB]Miami Dolphins fan since I was about 13/14.
Simply the Seaside aquatic link with Albion that is all.
My Mum bless her got me a Dan Marino no 13 Dolphins shirt for my birthday.
Go Dolphins !!!!!!!!!
I believe they are playing Oakland at Wembley this month, tickets are mentally expensive some
over £300.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Reports today suggest the Buffalo Bills' new owners are likely to be Terry and Kim Pegula, who also own the Buffalo Sabres. This would almost certainly mean they stay in Buffalo rather than move to Toronto as was speculated would happen if Bon Jovi had got the team.

It was always going to be a pain to move the Bills from what I understand, particularly with the terms of their stadium lease. Also, given the amount it seems Terry Pegula has available in oil fields and the like, he was pretty much the only possible winner, as long as he wanted it enough.

Personally I'm glad they're staying in Buffalo, although a move to Toronto, given the distances involved, wouldn't have been that much of a big deal when compared to some of the ridiculous relocations in the past. Moving the team two hours away, even if it is in another country, doesn't seem like much of a distance even by UK standards, let alone US standards.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Right, we seem to have quite a mixture of teams going on, how many have we got covered?

Jacksonville Jaguars - DarrenFreemansPerm, WillyFantastic
Arizona Cardinals - Gullyflyinghigh
Buffalo Bills - Herne Hill Seagull
Cincinatti Bengals - Lemming Stomper, Bladders
Washington Redskins - Stat Brother
Minnesota Vikings - Ali_rrr
NY Jets - SeagullTim
Cleveland Browns - Wattos Left Peg
Greenbay Packers - lola
Seattle Seahawks - Reinelt12
Baltimore Ravens -
NY Giants -
Tennessee Titans -
Houston Texans -
San Diego Chargers -
Carolina Panthers -
Detroit Lions -
San Francisco 49ers -
Dallas Cownoys -
Oakland Raiders -
Miami Dolphins -
Indianapolis Colts -
Philadelphia Eagles -
St Louis Rams -
Chicago Bears-
Denver Broncos -
Pittsburgh Steelers - spring hall convert
Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Da Man Clay
New England Patriots -
New Orleans Saints -
Atlanta Falcons -
Kansas City Chiefs -
Anymore for anymore?

Another Cardinals fan here.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
It was always going to be a pain to move the Bills from what I understand, particularly with the terms of their stadium lease. Also, given the amount it seems Terry Pegula has available in oil fields and the like, he was pretty much the only possible winner, as long as he wanted it enough.

Personally I'm glad they're staying in Buffalo, although a move to Toronto, given the distances involved, wouldn't have been that much of a big deal when compared to some of the ridiculous relocations in the past. Moving the team two hours away, even if it is in another country, doesn't seem like much of a distance even by UK standards, let alone US standards.

They've been playing games in Toronto for several years now. Given that Donald Trump was also a bidder, I doubt the money was a key factor.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
[SUB][/SUB]Miami Dolphins fan since I was about 13/14.
Simply the Seaside aquatic link with Albion that is all.
My Mum bless her got me a Dan Marino no 13 Dolphins shirt for my birthday.
Go Dolphins !!!!!!!!!
I believe they are playing Oakland at Wembley this month, tickets are mentally expensive some
over £300.

http://www.stubhub.co.uk/nfl-london-tickets/oakland-london-wembley-stadium-28-9-2014-4420444/

Starting on Stubhub at £65 for the seats at the top of Wembley. I bought my seats in the upper tier for £37.50 for the Falcons/Lions game, just for the record.

If i recall correctly, on the day there were some face value cheap tickets going as well.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
They've been playing games in Toronto for several years now. Given that Donald Trump was also a bidder, I doubt the money was a key factor.

While Trump is worth approx $600m more than Pegula (based on Wikipedia's figures), I imagine much of Trump's worth is tied up in real estate and not particularly liquid. Pegula, on the other hand, sold some oil drilling rights earlier in the year for $1.75b (at the same time announcing he had plenty more holdings he'd be willing to sell if needed), giving him plenty of cash on hand to bid for the Bills. I also think Pegula just wanted it more, and he's also clearly the best owner for the team's long term stability.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
While Trump is worth approx $600m more than Pegula (based on Wikipedia's figures), I imagine much of Trump's worth is tied up in real estate and not particularly liquid. Pegula, on the other hand, sold some oil drilling rights earlier in the year for $1.75b (at the same time announcing he had plenty more holdings he'd be willing to sell if needed), giving him plenty of cash on hand to bid for the Bills. I also think Pegula just wanted it more, and he's also clearly the best owner for the team's long term stability.

Absolutely they are. I just don't think money was an issue.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Oakland Raiders fan ever since when the were LA Raiders and beat the Redskins which was the first Superbowl I watched on TV.

Serial underachievers these days but hey ho you makes your choice

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Right, we seem to have quite a mixture of teams going on, how many have we got covered?

Jacksonville Jaguars - DFP, WillyFantastic
Arizona Cardinals - Gullyflyinghigh, AZ Gull
Washington Redskins - Hotchillidog
Minnesota Vikings - Ali_rrr, Eggman
NY Jets - SeagullTim
Greenbay Packers - lola, Stat Brother, Juan Albion
Seattle Seahawks - Reinelt12, Hawk the Seagull
Baltimore Ravens -
NY Giants - Lower West Stand
Tennessee Titans - The Tassie Seagull
Houston Texans -
San Diego Chargers -
Carolina Panthers -
Detroit Lions -
San Francisco 49ers -
Dallas Cownoys -
Oakland Raiders - M20gull, Beach Hut
Miami Dolphins - Miami Seagull (just a hunch), Phat Baz
Indianapolis Colts - Piersa
Philadelphia Eagles -
St Louis Rams -
Chicago Bears-
Denver Broncos -
Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Da Man Clay
New England Patriots - Halbpro
New Orleans Saints -
Atlanta Falcons -
Kansas City Chiefs -
Anymore for anymore?

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Very good comeback win. Think they might have a strong season this year.

Incidentally, it was the wettest day EVER in Phoenix yesterday (well, since they started recording these things). Over 5 inches in Chandler in about 7 hours. Absolute craziness.

Really was...from what I could tell blearily watching an update on my phone anyway. Curse being in the UK!

That's really quite a lot of rain, clearly a sign of...well...something!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Jacksonville Jaguars - DFP, WillyFantastic
Arizona Cardinals - Gullyflyinghigh, AZ Gull
Washington Redskins - Hotchillidog
Minnesota Vikings - Ali_rrr, Eggman
NY Jets - SeagullTim
Greenbay Packers - lola, Stat Brother, Juan Albion
Seattle Seahawks - Reinelt12, Hawk the Seagull
Baltimore Ravens -
NY Giants - Lower West Stand
Tennessee Titans - The Tassie Seagull
Houston Texans -
San Diego Chargers - Raphael Meade
Carolina Panthers -
Detroit Lions -
San Francisco 49ers -
Dallas Cownoys -
Oakland Raiders - M20gull, Beach Hut
Miami Dolphins - Miami Seagull (just a hunch), Phat Baz
Indianapolis Colts - Piersa
Philadelphia Eagles -
St Louis Rams -
Chicago Bears-
Denver Broncos -
Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Da Man Clay, Patchamalbion
New England Patriots - Halbpro
New Orleans Saints -
Atlanta Falcons -
Kansas City Chiefs -
Anymore for anymore?

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Reports today suggest the Buffalo Bills' new owners are likely to be Terry and Kim Pegula, who also own the Buffalo Sabres. This would almost certainly mean they stay in Buffalo rather than move to Toronto as was speculated would happen if Bon Jovi had got the team.

I should bloody well think so too. I've never understood the rationale behind moving even for the two games per season they do currently - all the Bills need to fill the Ralph Wilson, as has been shown in the past, is a half-decent team. They're not a 'big name' like, say, Denver or Dallas, so I don't see why they'd be a big draw in Canada just because they happen to be close to the border. If they ever moved to Toronto I'd have to find somebody else to follow - I can't abide the idea of moving 'franchises'; you end up with the abominable situation that Baltimore went through, for example, with the Colts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here