Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

On this day 1996

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Bloody hooligans !!!

Btw, WCP is a spoof account, don't take the bait.

Feb 14, 2010
Bloody hooligans !!!
Btw, WCP is a spoof account, don't take the bait.

Great insight from a palace fan. The York game was certainly a bit different to your 30 spotty teenagers being laughed out of the city ! Now run along to drum practice because the events of the York game and the fight (proper fight, not a few kids like your lot) is not your business.

Headline news on TV and in papers, then the ghost match on the Thursday
And, after the ghost match ... another game on the Thursday evening.

... a friendly against Ringmer FC, to raise money for a school minibus for Ringmer Community College. The whole Albion team turned up and played, as did Jimmy Case. I recall them struggling to beat Ringmer, despite the fact that Ringmer called up a few of the Ringmer Rovers Under-16 team that the teaboy played for at the time.

Feb 14, 2010
And, after the ghost match ... another game on the Thursday evening.

... a friendly against Ringmer FC, to raise money for a school minibus for Ringmer Community College. The whole Albion team turned up and played, as did Jimmy Case. I recall them struggling to beat Ringmer, despite the fact that Ringmer called up a few of the Ringmer Rovers Under-16 team that the teaboy played for at the time.

Everyone on the North stand for the ghost game except the York fans who had the away seats. What a start to Euro 96. Who was it who said "may we live in interesting times"

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I remember a fair few kids in tears in the South Stand. Along with others, they didn't understand why it was happening.

We were threatened with suspension if we went to the match. Saw plenty of Lancing boys there, including Steve Bird sunbathing on the centre spot.

Does anyone have a picture of "SACK THE BOARD" painted on the pitch?

My mother threw away my bit of turf :cry: My friend's bit is growing in the lawn of a house in Southwater.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here