Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Buckley: We Know What We Need To Do

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
2014/15 season tickets are now on general sale. Call 0844 327 1901 or buy online

Will Buckley has called on his Brighton & Hove Albion team-mates to be at their best ahead of the final league home fixture against Yeovil Town on Friday night.
Victory at the Amex would see the Seagulls leapfrog Reading into the final play-off position, at least until the Royals play their penultimate league fixture away to Doncaster on Saturday.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “It’s going to be a difficult game on Friday but I am sure there will be a great atmosphere within the stadium and that will spur us on. Yeovil still have a mathematical chance of staying up, so it’s going to be a very different game from when we last played them. They are going to have to come at us and hopefully we can take advantage of how open that will make the game.
“Generally in home games if we get an early goal we go on to win, so a quick start and early goal will certainly make it a lot easier for us. A win will also fill us with confidence going into the final game.
“We’ve been trying not to look at other teams’ results for a few weeks now, but obviously we know we can put a bit more pressure on the other sides by winning on Friday. First and foremost though, it’s about us and how we perform on the night.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

It was with one game to go last season that the Albion confirmed their play-off position with a 2-1 victory away to Leeds. Although Buckley is aware that it will be tighter this year, the winger has revealed a determined mood within the Seagulls’ squad.

“We were already in the play-offs this time last year, so we know we can’t pull up and we must make sure we go right until the end. We need to win these next two games to give ourselves a chance. We know what we need to do.
“Every player in our dressing room wants to play at the highest level and to do that at a club like this, with the infrastructure in place, would be unbelievable. This year we are there again and we have a good chance, so we need to ensure that we make the most of it. You see other players get promoted, especially your mates and people you’ve played with, and it just makes you want it a little bit more.”
Buckley has had a troubled season with injuries, but he came off of the bench in the previous home fixture against Blackpool after a five-game absence. The 24-year-old is now hoping he can play a vital role in the final stages of the season.
“Getting fully fit has been a struggle for me all season. I aimed for eight goals this year because that was what I ended up on last season, but I have not been playing so it has been difficult. Hopefully I can get a few more between now and the end of the season and help the final push.
“To have a good end to the season would really make up for my time out, and if I can make a positive impact now, at the business end, then I am sure I will forget about the other parts of the season.”
UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES
Albion v Yeovil Town:
Friday 25th April, kick-off 7.45pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here