Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yeovil: CMS, Buckley & Ince to start?

CMS did little to suggest he deserves a start the other day, but I'm neutral between him and Lingard. We must play two wingers to get the best out of our match-winner Ulloa. Ince and March are for the future

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Yeovil have such a poor goal difference that they cannot escape. We should go straight for the jugular and put them under so much pressure that they give up and accept their destiny to finish last.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
CMS put in a better cross, than LuaLua did in 60mins, when he came on. To say he did nothing is stupid

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
...........koosh..........
Bruno upson greer ward
buckley lopez stephens lingaard
............ulloa CMS..........

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
If we really do want to go up, I think our GD needs improve as well as getting the points. I'm talking 3-4+ points to our GD to make a significant impact. Playing Yeovil is the perfect chance to do that, but that man in my avatar will probably set us up for a 1/2-0 win :(... which we might not even get becuase of the negative tactics (like verses Blackpool).

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
If we really do want to go up, I think our GD needs improve as well as getting the points. I'm talking 3-4+ points to our GD to make a significant impact. Playing Yeovil is the perfect chance to do that, but that man in my avatar will probably set us up for a 1/2-0 win :(... which we might not even get becuase of the negative tactics (like verses Blackpool).

Of course we want to go up. What a ridiculous statement.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
CMS going from minute one could cause absolute chaos in the Yeovil back 4, there's a few strikers in this league that work hard but none like him. Sacrifice one of the central midfielders and put him on.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
...............Koosh
...Bruno Greer Upson Ward
...............Ince
Buckley Orlandi Stephens CMS
...............Ulloa

BUT.

Is completely revamping our attacking players for the umpteenth time this season really a good idea? Orlandi has never? player with Stephens. CMS has barely played with Ulloa. e.t.c. Better to stay with a vaguely settled lineup, make changes early if not working?

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
3-5-2, any personnel you like. Let's just get at 'em, hard and early.

I think most Albion fans just want to see us field a team that shows real passion to win the game and have a real go in our last scheduled home league game of the season.

Yeovil can be very feisty but now their fate is just about sealed I have my fingers crossed they might just roll over - if we can show greater hunger to win. I have a slight concern that they might fancy their chances if they've watched the 'highlights' of the Blackpool game and know we can be neutralised if they park the bus. Plus they might raise their game 'cos its on telly. It will be interesting to see which set of players want to impress the wider audience.

A rousing Albion performance would also set the right tone going into the close season. I imagine the Board would not be too chuffed if we put in a limp performance, and dent their hopes of further season ticket sales, not to mention the new replica playing kit etc.

Come on Albion, show some real passion and go out and batter Yeovil!!!

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Bring Buckley off the bench if we need him in the second half, otherwise save him for the Forest game. He ran them ragid last season.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I think most Albion fans just want to see us field a team that shows real passion to win the game and have a real go in our last scheduled home league game of the season.

Yeovil can be very feisty but now their fate is just about sealed I have my fingers crossed they might just roll over - if we can show greater hunger to win. I have a slight concern that they might fancy their chances if they've watched the 'highlights' of the Blackpool game and know we can be neutralised if they park the bus. Plus they might raise their game 'cos its on telly. It will be interesting to see which set of players want to impress the wider audience.

A rousing Albion performance would also set the right tone going into the close season. I imagine the Board would not be too chuffed if we put in a limp performance, and dent their hopes of further season ticket sales, not to mention the new replica playing kit etc.

Come on Albion, show some real passion and go out and batter Yeovil!!!

Middlesborough had nothing to play for look what happened then.

Let's forget how we think our opponents will play & focus on how we play.

Let's focus on 90 minuetes on Friday night.If we get the result we need then we can think about the next game.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Bring Buckley off the bench if we need him in the second half, otherwise save him for the Forest game. He ran them ragid last season.

There's EIGHT days rest before the Forest game, so he can play both.

But yes, you are right - a week of restless nights for Dan Harding.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Love to see CMS start and a more direct approach. Also Ince back for me, Andrews drives me crazy, always backwards even if a easier pass forward available.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here