Some Perspective

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
28,000 ??
In the Championship ???
I wish you mentioned it before !
BTW, we use to get over 30,000 in the 3rd division ...
Just saying like.
What on earth has this thread got to do with you?

Feb 14, 2010
28,000 ??
In the Championship ???
I wish you mentioned it before !
BTW, we use to get over 30,000 in the 3rd division ...
Just saying like.

Yes I know you did, when you were a club worthy to be our rivals Not now tho', you are a club who needs top flight football before anyone will watch you.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I am just judging Brighton by the same standards of other clubs. Brighton are too ready to accept failure and make excuses. Time that changed.

The club you've chosen is a much large club than us. A club that has been out of the PL for ONE season since its inception. One that is able to spend 10s of millions, one with much higher turnover than us. In short, a much bigger club.

And stop using the word 'failure' People aren't 'willing' to accept it, but we are able to see things for what they are - and that is NOT failure. It may be to you, but you may have incredibly high standards in life and see things in black and white - many do not.

Feb 14, 2010
The club you've chosen is a much large club than us. A club that has been out of the PL for ONE season since its inception. One that is able to spend 10s of millions, one with much higher turnover than us. In short, a much bigger club.

And stop using the word 'failure' People aren't 'willing' to accept it, but we are able to see things for what they are - and that is NOT failure. It may be to you, but you may have incredibly high standards in life and see things in black and white - many do not.

Eh, I remember Newcastle in the second division playing in front of 15000 crowds in the 80's and Brian Wade scoring 4 against them at the Goldstone, but anyway, that's not the point either. The point is Brighton have never lived up to its potential, well not since Charlie Web listed the Charity Shield in 1910 ! I will use the word failure, its stark, right and apt. They have bottled it in the last six weeks and I want to see Garcia show us that he wont accept failure or bottlers. We want to win and we want a set of players who understand they have to earn the right (as the BBC say) to play in front of big crowds.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Am I right in saying that this season is likely to be the 6th most successful season in the clubs 113 years history?

3 seasons in the old top flight
Mullery promotion from old 2nd div
Last season under Gus
And now this season

In reality most of those years we were struggling in the 3rd and 4th tiers

So let's appreciate how far we have come

We are not in the old top flight as you call it , the names of the divisions were changed, we are in the 2nd division get used to it,meanwhile Palace and Southampton who we trounced in league 1 are in the premier league because there management understand what is required to get there

Last edited:

Jul 7, 2003
We finished 3rd 77/78

3rd - don't you mean 4th as there were three teams that went up and no play-offs? Of course, if it hadn't been for the stitch up between Saints and Spurs...

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Utter rubbish. Brighton had 30,000 gates in the third division south and withdean actually sold out for the first 3 seasons despite playing Harlepool in the lower leagues. Again we were a lower league side with a big support for that division. Time that mentality changed. The players have to earn the right to play in front of a big support according to the BBC, well the Brighton players have failed to do that and they deserve the label as failures and bottlers. Time to read the riot act and ship a few out. I want a ruthless manager with a desire to win. No fooking excuses.

there is that word again
I like that word
RUTHLESS

ITS A WORD WE ARE NOT
bring in Mullers as over manager
he's ruthless

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Am I right in saying that this season is likely to be the 6th most successful season in the clubs 113 years history?

Last season under Gus
And now this season

'If you are not aware of your history, then you cannot determine your Destiny'

Misty in Roots 1980

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Think we finished about 5th year after cup final as well

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Eh, I remember Newcastle in the second division playing in front of 15000 crowds in the 80's and Brian Wade scoring 4 against them at the Goldstone, but anyway, that's not the point either. The point is Brighton have never lived up to its potential, well not since Charlie Web listed the Charity Shield in 1910 ! I will use the word failure, its stark, right and apt. They have bottled it in the last six weeks and I want to see Garcia show us that he wont accept failure or bottlers. We want to win and we want a set of players who understand they have to earn the right (as the BBC say) to play in front of big crowds.

All you ever do is bang on about how the players need to earn this and earn that and how failure isn't an option and how we should be better than this and better than that and that they need to show more desire and prove the are worthy etc etc etc, yet you can't even be arsed to go and watch. So I don't really see how your opinion is valid.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
But surely the fact that we're not the only team fighting for 6th that keep failing to capitalise when other results go our way shows how competitive this league is. This assumption that we have a right to beat teams is bordering on arrogance.

Don't believe we have a right to beat teams but I do have an expectation that the players are capable of rising to the occasion. Clearly I'm wrong, but I do have the expectation.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
We are not in the old top flight as you call it , the names of the divisions were changed, we are in the 2nd division get used to it,meanwhile Palace and Southampton who we trounced in league 1 are in the premier league because there management understand what is required to get there

It really is about time you learnt to speak your native language. It's really not that hard, and people might actually listen a bit more to the constant stream of drivel that you spout.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011

Last season under Gus
And now this season

You gotta love a " how far we have come thread"

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Utter rubbish. Brighton had 30,000 gates in the third division south and withdean actually sold out for the first 3 seasons despite playing Harlepool in the lower leagues. Again we were a lower league side with a big support for that division. Time that mentality changed. The players have to earn the right to play in front of a big support according to the BBC, well the Brighton players have failed to do that and they deserve the label as failures and bottlers. Time to read the riot act and ship a few out. I want a ruthless manager with a desire to win. No fooking excuses.

An honest and accurate post.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here