Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is your achilles heel? What do you always fail at?

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Puddings - I can cook up a drool inducing storm when it comes to starters and mains but can't do a pudding to save my life.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Flat pack furniture - all my attempts have ended with bits left over, mainly because I can't be arsed to read the frigging diagrams. I've resisted over the years and only bought pre-assembled furniture, but it's got the point where I need to buy a flat pack bed for the loft room (as it has to fit through a loft hatch) but, this time, I am going to pay someone to put the ******* together.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Public speaking. I wouldn't be on the internet so much if i had any confidence in saying anything even remotely intelligent in the real world where so many are dressed in suits and the thoughts that are the worst of themselves are so expertly hidden from public and professional view. Instead i like to bark amusements to hide the chaos and really that just keeps me where i am. Anti-rabbit-in-the-headlights medication or free expert hypnotherapy would be appreciated.

To be fair I think your teachings probably come over better in text, than they would in the spoken word.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm bloody brilliant at sunglasses. I've got loads, and so many of them are winners...

I fail at financial management, keeping in touch with old mates and getting birthday cards to people at the right time.

And getting enough sleep.

I'm signing up for Pogue Mahone sunglasses school.

I'm also crap with money. I've got a very lucrative sharesave weighing out in August and there's a Capital Gains Tax issue if I sell more than some. I've read about it and spoken to people but all I can remember is "you are liable for CGT if your total gains in one year is blah blah blah blah wibble wibble oooo, look, a DIGGER"

:) :)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Finishing books that I start reading. Maybe SEVEN on the go at the moment.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Surely you mean nuclear fission ?

Nope, done that. Decided to go a bit greener so I have to crack Fusion so I can warm my greenhouse over winter.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Puddings - I can cook up a drool inducing storm when it comes to starters and mains but can't do a pudding to save my life.

Fruit crumble + Ice Cream, surely you can do that ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Indeed. My worst one is having left decent sums of money in zero interest current accounts for years because I can't be arsed with doing the research to make my money make money, and just thinking about the initials 'ISA' sends me to sleep.

Yes - that too. Just one more aspect of the great big tedious ballache, labelled 'ADMIN'.

If were not for my wife actually paying bills and stuff, we'd be out on the street.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Fruit crumble + Ice Cream, surely you can do that ?

'Fraid not, something would go wrong.

I'm pretty certain I could buy the right type/flavour of ice cream (although I do have the tendency to buy what I want rather than what I've been told to buy, so even that isn't a given) and I can pretty much guarantee that the fruit crumble bit would be absolute bobbins.

I once attempted to make Delia's chocolate orange cheesecake, followed her recipe to the letter and when I removed it from the baking tin (after cooling) the contents made a run for it across the dining room table. Henceforth the Norwich supporting cookery queen is now referred to as "the Lying Bitch Delia" in our house and her drunken half time plea to "let's be 'avin' you" fell on deaf ears!

I've also made strawberry shortbreads you could cut diamonds with, in fact we still keep one by the front door to threaten double glazing salesmen and JWs who make the mistake of calling.

Basically I'm not allowed to do puddings unless we need one as some form of weapon!
???

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I get overly enthusiastic about 'The Tindersticks' cover version of Odyssey's 'If you're looking for a way out', in the presence of the future ex-Mrs Pevenseagull ............... and previous ex-Mrs Pevenseagulls.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here