Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is your achilles heel? What do you always fail at?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

gasgull

Nov 14, 2003
Newick
Getting bloody Glastonbury tickets.
No problem for 8 years...Failed miserably the last two.
Fingers crossed Sunday resale.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Getting bloody Glastonbury tickets.
No problem for 8 years...Failed miserably the last two.
Fingers crossed Sunday resale.

Good luck mate. This is the first time we're not going since 2004.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Public speaking. I wouldn't be on the internet so much if i had any confidence in saying anything even remotely intelligent in the real world where so many are dressed in suits and the thoughts that are the worst of themselves are so expertly hidden from public and professional view. Instead i like to bark amusements to hide the chaos and really that just keeps me where i am. Anti-rabbit-in-the-headlights medication or free expert hypnotherapy would be appreciated.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Keeping my gob shut. When senior management come up with another hair-brained scheme, others will say "sounds interesting" and " let's give it a try" I inevitably say "what a load of old shit".
Strangely I'm never thanked, even when the scheme invariably ends up being the load of crap I predicted.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Anyone who reads instructions is a bit odd in my opinion. Sort of person who drinks half pints of beer and washes their car on a regular basis.

Quite right. I don't read recipes either, just do what I think, but haven't poisoned anyone yet so that's a positive.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
This Nibble.

I know I'm over-paying for gas, electricity, insurance, etc, but its all simply too TEDIOUS to get to grips with.

Indeed. My worst one is having left decent sums of money in zero interest current accounts for years because I can't be arsed with doing the research to make my money make money, and just thinking about the initials 'ISA' sends me to sleep.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
This Nibble.

I know I'm over-paying for gas, electricity, insurance, etc, but its all simply too TEDIOUS to get to grips with.

Glad I am not the only one.

The last two cars i have bought were the first and second ones i looked at respectively (after a little research into what i wanted admittedly). I was told i should have look at between 5 and 10 to find the best deal. I just couldn't be arsed driving around looking at cars all day so I found one, liked and was prepared to pay the price.

One broke down on Christmas day and we ended up having Christmas dinner in a garage before fixing it outselves with gaffer tape and superglue to finish the remaining 3 hours of our journey.

Could have happened to any car right??? :)

It has worked beautifully ever since though.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
People agreeing with me on NSC

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Money absolutely shitful at it (see post above), better than the wife though which is a problem.

I just don't care, it is there to be spent, right?

Oh and not playing football manager

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I'm also crap with money. I've got a very lucrative sharesave weighing out in August and there's a Capital Gains Tax issue if I sell more than some. I've read about it and spoken to people but all I can remember is "you are liable for CGT if your total gains in one year is blah blah blah blah wibble wibble oooo, look, a DIGGER"

D

Deleted member 2719

I fail mainly in understanding people who don't agree with my footballing views.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
I fail mainly in understanding people who don't agree with my footballing views.

This...I am right they are wrong. Don't care what they say if it goes against my beliefs or understanding they are wrong. That is why I actually post very little about football on this very football forum! I just huff and think 'idiot' and move on to another thread.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Nuclear Fusion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here