Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the number 1 failing for you this year?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Fans failing to create and sustain an atmosphere , no unison in the vocal support (also noticeable too at away games compared to previous seasons)

You're not seriously trying to blame it on the fans shirley? These players should by rights have an inner engine that would see them give 100% behind closed doors.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Failing to rid myself of fungal toenail infection. If anyone knows how to cure this incurable condition I'm all ears (and toes). Have tried several 'paint-on' lotions, vinegar, athletes foot cream and Vic's Vaporub, lots of air to feet etc. all to no avail.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Every Albion player has limited ability that's why they are playing for us.
If they all play to that ability we normally scrape a win or draw.
Two/three playing below this we're fecking fecked.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Oscar not being able (or willing?) to bring in his own men. I was hoping for two or three young Barca wonderkids tearing it up. Maybe next season.

Aside from that it's been a successful season, we've often struggled to beat teams we should be beating, but we've also beaten teams we should have lost to. Next season is the big one, it will either all click into place and we'll be right up there, or we'll just trundle along and Oscar will be back in Spain again after Bloom's had enough.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Not enough black merchandise... until Monday when 5hitloads came along all at once. Mostly in XXL, granted, but nice to see at last. I can now pledge my support from the shadows without being seen.

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
I thought Oscars early season was full of promise, moving the ball quickly forward and looking for runners, but as the season has progressed we have regresed into an almost obsessive defensive formation. I would say our greatest failing this season is to not have had the confidence and conviction along with having only one fit striker at the club.

100% agree that

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
The memory of the fans:
- forgetting the frustrating performances under Gus when we struggled to score and win, and somehow ended up in playoffs
- forgetting that CMS hasn't yet proved himself fully fit or a match winning saviour "he has to start against Yeovil etc."
- forgetting that whilst we have some good players, they have distinctive roles and don't necessarily work as the sum of the parts
- forgetting to stop moaning and appreciate we are in a pretty good place (manager, league position, ownership, financials, stadium)

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
OP is right - 9 home wins out of 22 should be nowhere near good enough for promotion; it is only the oddity of 70 points perhap being enough that we are still in the hunt. As QPR have alos found, if you don;t score enough, you lose points in games you should win just because you get hit by a worldly strike or a piece of bad luck.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
The majority of our signings this season not being good enough and this worries me with amount about of players we have to replace this summer. Not sure our scouting department are up to it.

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Wasting the first half, time and time again. Not starting with enough urgency. Not saying to mediocre opposition " we are Brighton and we re gonna chuck the kitchen sink at you". Imagine how much fun we could have all had watching the slow possession football once we were 2 or 3 goals in front. Go on Oscar be a devil, START the game like its only got 10 minutes left! What's the worst that can happen.... We lose or draw..... Well, don't worry we do that anyway.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
For me it's the leadership issue that rings most true.

We usually seem like a team that's less than the sum of its parts and generally lacking in ambition, imagination, aggression ... and that missing ingredient that you see in successful sides.

We have some talented players, some experienced players, some intelligent players. But nobody on the park who's a genuine leader.

I don't just mean a captain figure. I mean players who will take the game by the scruff of the neck, yell at team mates, spur on the less experienced players, take the initiative. These are qualities that we particularly lack in midfield and up front. Too many players go missing for us either when we're struggling to break down a dogged defence or when we're chasing the game.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Not putting poor sides away at home for me.

Barnsley, Huddersfield, Milwall & Blackpool have all got away with points.

I wouldn't be massively suprised if Yeovil do the same on Friday. If there was one thing I'd like Oscar to work on in the off season it's plans B, C and D against tough, obdurate but ultimately unambitious sides. It'll be the difference between where we are now and challenging automatic promotion.

The club stating ambition for promotion when they clearly have no intention of funding that ambition

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here