Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the number 1 failing for you this year?

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
our fans at home,very very poor,cant wait for yeovils 400 fans to out sing us

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
There hasn't been one for me.

To still be in the hunt for a Premiership place with a guy in charge of his first English club, a crippling injury crisis (especially up front) and having to conform to FFP, I think we've done brilliantly.

We've also done it playing fast, attacking football for the most part.

Roll on next season, whichever division we are in.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

To still be in the hunt for a Premiership place with a guy in charge of his first English club, a crippling injury crisis (especially up front) and having to conform to FFP, I think we've done brilliantly.

We've also done it playing fast, attacking football for the most part.

Whilst I see where you are coming from I think questions must be asked about our inability to make signings of players except Stephens that are better than what we have or had and also our poor form and results against the lower placed sides.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Agree with thsi post.

The club stating ambition for promotion when they clearly have no intention of funding that ambition

But as for this one :facepalm:

We are ONE point outside the top six, with TWO games to go, ergo we clearly have had a squad capable of promotion (and might yet secure it).

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
That our most talented, creative players have been on off injured ALL season. Step up Messrs Orlandi, Buckley and to a lesser extent in my opinion Lua Lua.

Or rather, don't step up, you might get nobbled!

Having players of this type should be fundamental to the way we play. Our best ones are always out, or coming back from inury.

Spanish Dave has got a load of stick this season. Maybe he hasn't been as good, but he's still created goals/chances. All the others go, literally, AWOL.

I think they are all great, but we need consistently good, creative attacking options. Otherwise it all peters out.

Walker_this_way

Oct 18, 2011
Not being clinical enough in front of goal or getting the ball forward enough - I put this down to loss of Bridcutt, Barnes and Crofts

Nevertheless considering we have a new manager this has been a good season for us!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
From the games I've watched. A lack of desperation and desire from the players on the pitch when it's been required.

Don't buy this argument, which is far too prevalent on NSC. There is desire among the players, which is evidenced by the fact that we've beaten the top teams, but not enough of those in the bottom half of the table. This is because we've struggled to break down those teams that have come with a defensive mindset. I'd suggest that, ultimately, this is a result of the quality we've had available in the squad this year: virtually no Orlandi has been one hell of a miss.

Another thing I'd identify is the performance of the wide players. In part, this is because Oscar persisted for far too long playing Lopez on the right, when he's not cut out for that role but, ultimately, what have we got out of KLL, Buckley, SD*1, SD*2 and -- dare I say it? -- March this season? Precious few goals and precious few assists is the right answer.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Not being clinical enough in front of goal or getting the ball forward enough - I put this down to loss of Bridcutt, Barnes and Crofts

Nevertheless considering we have a new manager this has been a good season for us!

We lost Crofts. We sold Bridcutt and Barnes. But appreciate what you meant.

Ince was in the wings for the Bridcutt sale, but hard grafter Barnes was never replaced. Same failing as before, failure to secure the services of a second permanent championship level striker.

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing
The main disappointment (not failure) for me is losing our main creative/attacking players for most/large parts of the season through injury: Orlandi, Crofts, Ulloa, CMS, Buckley.

Imagine how the season might have panned out if the above had been fit and available every week.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You're not seriously trying to blame it on the fans shirley? These players should by rights have an inner engine that would see them give 100% behind closed doors.

It must be very disheartening for the players to hear 600 away fans make more of a noise than 26,000 Albion fans put together. Make an electric atmosphere around the ground and the players respond , it happens at other grounds and you see teams go full throttle to get a result. Remember the first league game at The Amex v Donny ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here