Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

S/Ticket Train Travel

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I was gifted a ticket and met the gentleman at the stadium, so didn't have any sort of travel evidence. The lady at Brighton station wasn't going to let me through and the policeman didn't believe I was going to the football. Granted, I was not in colours and was wearing shorts and flip-flops.

Thanks to Mr Frith for lending me a card which then convinced the two officials to proceed through to catch a train. :bowdown:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
They are merging, but thats a few years off yet - Stagecoach (run South West Trains and half of Virgin Trains) and Govia (people who run Southern) are believed to be the front-runners, hopefully the latter get it. News to me that FCC dont accept the ticket and pretty bizarre that their customer service team cant actually find out for sure about it.

BTW, FCCs customer service/moan in offices are in East London.

The announcement is any time now, the franchise takeover will be in September and the merger between what we know as Southern and FCC is due next Spring/Summer. Frankly I won't be holding my breath that it will happen on time. MTR are also very confident of winning it, but I guess none of them would have gone to such great lengths in the tendering process if they thought they wouldn't win. MTR run London Overground at the moment and are also bidding for Scotrail

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
They are merging, but thats a few years off yet - Stagecoach (run South West Trains and half of Virgin Trains) and Govia (people who run Southern) are believed to be the front-runners, hopefully the latter get it. News to me that FCC dont accept the ticket and pretty bizarre that their customer service team cant actually find out for sure about it.

BTW, FCCs customer service/moan in offices are in East London.

Despite their shortcomings, I hope they get it too. Compared to many other train companies, I find Southerns online off peak fares half reasonable compared to the likes of SW Trains for example. When I've had reason to use them, I've found even SWT's day returns horrific when compared to similar mileage tickets travelled over the Southern system.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Well a few days later confirmation of what we all knew anyway. So we can travel in confidence tomorrow night (and potentially for a play off semi) also special thanks to Albion Travel Manger for failing to respond to 3 messages asking for clarification. 3..... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398337304.370943.jpg

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
I disagree, at least he follows up on things he isn't sure about.

Correct unlike our very own transport information one stop shop!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
from seagulls.co.uk

Falmer Station is adjacent to the Amex Stadium North
concourse and it is just a couple of minutes’ walk from
the platform to the stadium. Between 11.30am and 9pm
for a 3pm kick-off or between 4.15pm and midnight for a
7.45pm kick-off, the cost of your travel on any train service
travelling within the blue subsidised zone
(highlighted
below), is included in your home league match day ticket.

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/documents/travel-guide-march14-1229-1169722.pdf

So, although 'Brad' has confirmed it, it always has been and it's reasonable to say that it will continue into the future unless we are advised otherwise.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Has anybody contacted the club for clarification since the latest incident.

Lost interest in contacting them after trying 3 times and being ignored

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Lost interest in contacting them after trying 3 times and being ignored

Strange, I've always had a reply within 24 hours from supporter.services@bhafc.co.uk . Have you tried contacting the transport manager, Steve Reeves (Steve.Reeves@bhafc.co.uk), again, he's been helpful to me in the no so distan past via email.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Thats always been the case, but I think it was rarely enforced. Sounds like they have clamped down as I've heard of others being told they had to buy a ticket after 9pm.

yes, me being one of them. It's an absolute farce, surely it makes no difference what time I use my ticket as long as its a match day?

what's the latest we can use them tomorrow? I'm planning to have a few beers in bton after the game and grab the last train back to HH.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Any train service? Does that mean it's ok to, for example, get the train from Shoreham to Newhaven, then from Newhaven to Lewes, then from Lewes to Brighton then from Brighton to Falmer before a match?

I go Portslade to Brighton; Brighton to Preston Park; [can occasionally go straight from Portslade to Preston Park]; Preston Park to Brighton; and Brighton to Falmer; and the same journey in reverse if I have to pick up my son from his mum's. No one has ever batted an eyelid, even when I'm apparently travelling in the wrong direction!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here