Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We will neverachieve promotion

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
The only player on that list that really grates is Glen Murray; who not only would have made us more likely to go up actually is the person most responsible for where our hated rivals are now. And how much did we make out of that deal? Thanks Poyet!!!

It was Tony that refused to pay the 3 grand a week extra that Glenn was after not gus,and it is the board of directers that are refusing to release funds for a squad that is capable of promotion, the managers the board appoint cannnot make a silk purse from a sows ear.For some ridiculous reason this club thinks that having a premier league ground intitles us to play in the premier league , it does not

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Bennett, Noone, Bridcutt, Murray and now Barnes all now premier league players, 5 of our starting 11 in League One!

should have added crofty to that list we missed him while he was away as we do now,not spending on strikers has already cost Tony countless millions maybe his good friend Victoria can help him out with her very recent result on the poker tables

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
It was Tony that refused to pay the 3 grand a week extra that Glenn was after not gus,and it is the board of directers that are refusing to release funds for a squad that is capable of promotion, the managers the board appoint cannnot make a silk purse from a sows ear.For some ridiculous reason this club thinks that having a premier league ground intitles us to play in the premier league , it does not

Not sure I believe that and not the story I heard as we then went on to spend over £3m on his (inferior) replacement.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Without Bloom we would probably be in the lower reaches of league 1. If you chip a couple of million so we can retain/buy some new players I'll take your opinion a bit more seriously, until then I think you should be a bit more grateful for the £100 million+ Bloom has pumped into the club.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Bring on the lack of ambition...on reflection of the last five years this lack of ambition strategy seems to be working well.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The original post is a bit biased.

How about looking at it from the other perspective. We are a club whom will give players a chance and will not stand in their way if their aspirations are beyond the current setup?

All of the players mentioned, helped propel us from the third division to the second and probably paid/freed up some cash to establish ourselves as a top half division two side.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We have spent many a year in the 2nd and 3rd divisions, it did not take massive investment for that acheivement previously,Tony must invest in the squad or move on[/QUOTE]

Excellant .....a good laugh before bedtime.:lolol:

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
We have spent many a year in the 2nd and 3rd divisions, it did not take massive investment for that acheivement previously, Tony must invest in the squad or move on

Excellant .....a good laugh before bedtime.:lolol:

No time like the present. With the current unpleasantness in the Black Sea region, buying BHA represents a perfect opportunity for some Russian petro-spiv to get his money out of there and into the rolling downs of Sussex one step ahead of the sanctions.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
You can't run before you can walk. If a club is prepared to spunk money on player wages then getting to the Premier League is a lot easier. However, the Football League is littered with ex-Premier League teams that have fallen back to Earth with a sickening thud.

Looking at The Amex and the new academy AND our league position, I am perfectly happy to keep doing things the Tony way.
Good post...just take a look at the 1st and second division...they are vlittered with clubs who spent loads of money on players and wages and were in the top flight at one time.
Preston
Sheff Utd.
Coventry.
Bradford.
Plymouth.
Portsmouth.
Coventry.
Wimbledon.

Think a few more clubs will be joining them soon...Bolton,Leeds and others.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Good post...just take a look at the 1st and second division...they are vlittered with clubs who spent loads of money on players and wages and were in the top flight at one time.
Preston
Sheff Utd.
Coventry.
Bradford.
Plymouth.
Portsmouth.
Coventry.
Wimbledon.

Totally agree. Plymouth Argyle, though ? I think the Wimbledon story is a bit different too.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Preston haven't been top flight for as long as I've watched football which is 25+ years

I got fooled by that one, forgetting they seemed to have an annual bid to avoid promotion.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Bennett, Noone, Bridcutt, Murray and now Barnes all now premier league players, 5 of our starting 11 in League One!

Even more embarrassing would be if those Brighton rejects Tommy 'Captain Fantastic' Elphick and Steve Cook came storming past us and into the play-offs! (OK, unlikely now, but they weren't far off).

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
This thread has restored some of my faith in Albion fans. Plenty of perspective on our club and the fine job Oscar has done to date.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Preston
Sheff Utd.
Coventry.
Bradford.
Plymouth.
Portsmouth.
Coventry.
Wimbledon.

Preston? - not for fifty years.
Bradford - a couple of struggling seasons in living memory, 90 years ago apart from that.
Plymouth - never.

.....and I think you forgot Coventry!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

I heard the opposite. Tony said is he worth it. Gus said NO.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
All the while we let players like Elliot Bennett ,Nooney ,murray go for peanuts we will never get promoted get used to the idea of the albion being a club with a real lack of ambition

Kaz,, Orlandi, March, Buckley and Ulloa are all better than the ones that left.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here