Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading v M'Boro Thread

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Just gotta hope Donny do us a favour.

I've a hunch they will. Donny are still scrapping for points and Reading won't find it easy. Lets hope Reading have one of their inconsistent off days. If they can at least hold Reading to a draw, I would take that. As for Readings final game - All depends what frame of mind Burnley are in when they visit Reading? Hopefully, if Leicester mess up tonight or Saturday, the Championship could still be up for grabs which would do our cause no harm. The battle for 6th place is almost certainly going to the final day, especially as Forest and Blackburn have suddenly come into the reckoning.

Despite things looking a bit pear shaped tonight, I would still rather be in our shoes than most of those around us. All this of course, is "assuming" we can beat Yeovil?!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
:lolol: Our fans have to be some of the shittest around. Poor us not beating Blackpool who are fighting for their lives, we do NOT have a divine right to beat them and the PLAYERS didn't get the job done, it's all the managers fault lets sack him and be done with it :thumbsup:

7th in the championship still in with a shot after the inconsistent injury plagued season we've had, I am distraught :cry:

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Plenty of twists and turns to come over the next fortnight regarding 6th place. Leicester forced their way into the play offs with the final kick of the 46 game season 12 months ago...at the City Ground.

Keep the faith :albion2::rock:

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Just very much don't rate OG.

I do find that odd though. This season had all the ingredients of being an absolute train wreck yet we're still within a sniff of the promised land. Does anyone seriously think another manager in our price range could have done any better, Sean Dyche aside arguably? I think he's done a tremendous job, and anything above mid-table will have been a successful season.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
We blew our chances yesterday, our home form has been very, very poor indeed.
Loads of this tippy tappy possession football against teams who put players behind the ball who we cannot break down.
Our loans signings have been a disaster, I'm fed with hearing about budgets.
I've not enjoyed the football at all this season.
Rant over.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I don't buy that bull for one minute. You shouldn't have to fire a team up knowing a win will put you in poll position. If the players can't do that themselves then they have to ask what they are doing in the game.

I think they know exactly what they are doing in the game and by going through the motions, they could get a new contract with us in the Championship next season, which certainly a good few would not get if we were promoted.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I've a hunch they will. Donny are still scrapping for points and Reading won't find it easy. Lets hope Reading have one of their inconsistent off days. If they can at least hold Reading to a draw, I would take that. As for Readings final game - All depends what frame of mind Burnley are in when they visit Reading? Hopefully, if Leicester mess up tonight or Saturday, the Championship could still be up for grabs which would do our cause no harm. The battle for 6th place is almost certainly going to the final day, especially as Forest and Blackburn have suddenly come into the reckoning.

Despite things looking a bit pear shaped tonight, I would still rather be in our shoes than most of those around us. All this of course, is "assuming" we can beat Yeovil?!

Any team with something to play for will be tough. Blackpool was is an obvious example.

I honestly believe Reading are much more likely to drop points against Donny than they are against 'Boro.

For the same reason I think Yeovil will be trickier than it appears on paper.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Well we'll have to agree to disagree about Oscar. I'm obviously in the minority but I do believe I'm right. Time will tell I guess.

On what basis? Assuming Reading do win, we're one point off the play offs in 7th. If you look at this league, I'm sure you don't believe we have the 7th highest budget. We've also had a lot of injuries (I know all clubs have them but we've had the most I've ever known in 25 years watching Albion).

Your view is that of an irrational fan who's only started watching since the Amex, which is very different to other rational posts I've seen of yours. You know it will come from some on here but you're not one of them. I really don't understand what Oscar's done to deserve your comments.

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
I used to think you were one of the better posters on here but your anti Oscar agenda is pathetic. Anyone who can't see he's done a good job given the resources we've provided and the injury problems is clearly not looking hard enough.
Sorry, but we have also had to endure some of the most tedious performances, in particular at home, since the Mike Bailey days in the early 80's. My problem is that I don't see an effective style under Oscar. Poyet had some bad games with the Albion, Watford and Bristol City away immediately come to mind, but with Oscar those types of performances seem routine - and they are happening at home. The Blackpool game summed it up. Virtually a fully fit squad to pick from, no passion, no desire, 3 attempts on goal in the whole game and no clue how to break down one of the worst (if not the worst) defences in the division.
He inherited a squad capable of getting to the playoffs but we have not played to our strengths and bar a few performances, have been very poor to watch. Yes, he has had issues this year with injuries and our transfer policy, but that does not excuse some of the awful football we have had to watch this season.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
I don't buy that bull for one minute. You shouldn't have to fire a team up knowing a win will put you in poll position. If the players can't do that themselves then they have to ask what they are doing in the game.

Or a mixture of both. OG dealing with a squad worsened in quality as we try to comply with FFP.

And good teams have plenty of fighters/self motivated leaders. We lack those now. So many of the current Albion squad are NOT worthy of promotion to the PL. It would be a joke if they'd made it ahead of teams with quality such as Wigan and Derby.

The next transfer window will reveal the Board's intent.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Any team with something to play for will be tough. Blackpool was is an obvious example.

I honestly believe Reading are much more likely to drop points against Donny than they are against 'Boro.

Yeovil need a 13 goal swing over two games to overtake Birmingham in 21st......They are as good as down.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

It most certainly will. It appears that a portion of our fans forget that the other team might want to win and therefore get angry if we draw or lose against them. If it were based on table position then that'd be different, but people forget that there's more than one team than Brighton and sometimes, we might not win.

Yeovil might be this - they're not mathematically relegated and will fight to the last.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here