Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfers at the club

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I know this has been talked about before but i thought Oscar gave a very interesting response to a question given to him on the BBC.

"You talk about the transfer window! Is there things you hope to do differently next season?"

"Yeah alot! Now i know much better the league, i know much better the club, i know much better the players, i know much better alot of things!"

Has Oscar been keeping his powder dry in the transfer market?
This would make sense of Barber's remarks that Oscar has a better transfer budget then last year and our bemusement/ frustration at the lack of signings.
Maybe Oscar had the option to get players but has waited to see what the squad can do for a season!?

If so there could be big changes coming in the summer!

geodavies

Jan 8, 2012
Saltdean
I know this has been talked about before but i thought Oscar gave a very interesting response to a question given to him on the BBC.

"You talk about the transfer window! Is there things you hope to do differently next season?"

"Yeah alot! Now i know much better the league, i know much better the club, i know much better the players, i know much better alot of things!"

This would make sense of Barber's remarks that Oscar has a better transfer budget then last year and our bemusement/ frustration at the lack of signings.
Maybe Oscar had the option to get players but has waited to see what the squad can do for a season!?

No excuse for that poor lacklustre performance today..

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Just listened to the interview, he knows (although can't say publicly) that he has got some slackers that he has to pick due to not having a 'deeper' squad.

Lets hope he is backed in the transfer market and the dead wood is culled. A serious look at the striking options has to be his priority. Ulloa, CMS, and Hoskins are not going to be the answer.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Dream on ... to buy we will need to sell so either Buckers or Ulloa could be on there way as no other player would hold any decent transfer fee

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Won't have much choice given the number that are out of contract.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Massive clearout in the summer including some names we didn't expect to be transfer listed.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
He basically said in that interview, that he didn't know this league very well and will be much better equipped next season. That's quite a damming statement really. Fair enough and honest in one respect but makes his appointment look a bit naive in the first place.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
Always said that the Championship is no job for someone who hasn't a clue about it and this season has proved me right but knowing nothing about a league doesn't excuse the performances at home this year

Yeah cos in his first season with 2 games to go he has taken us to the play off zone - what a failure!

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
For a manager who didn't have a full season, with a club who had a turbulent summer, I am surprised that he has got us to 6th this season.
Yes, this season has been frustrating at times, the football has not been great, but I believe in Oscar and believe that next year will be our year.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
To meet the ffp target for next season yes

None of the Bridcutt money was panic spent on the last day of the jan window. I know that this is a transfer made in this season's accounts, but I'd bet my right gonad that some clever accountancy or deal has been done with Sunderland so that the 3m or so from this transfer will show as income for next season.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
None of the Bridcutt money was panic spent on the last day of the jan window. I know that this is a transfer made in this season's accounts, but I'd bet my right gonad that some clever accountancy or deal has been done with Sunderland so that the 3m or so from this transfer will show as income for next season.

we have a nice training ground now say no more

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here