Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS Must Start Against Yeovil

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
I took this seriously until you said Lopez. We need to play our attacking players who have speed. Lopez cannot run or tackle.

But he can pass forward instead of sideways and backwards. March was anonymous today - possibly not in his best position?

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
He was the only one who showed a bit of pace and passion today when he came on.
Lua Lua's one trick failed time after time and Lingard was like Bambi with a hernia. Was March on the pitch?

I'd play CMS, Lopez and Buckley(legs permitting) from the off on Friday. Maybe this is not the time for the young uns.
This.
We need experience, desire & an edge of nastiness right now

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Oh well. That's our season over with. Hope we can start to rebuild for next season. Sell Ulloa in the summer and we'll be fighting relegation. Crap season and those players out of contract then do one. I'll be back in August to no doubt more average players.

Have a nice summer everyone and till next season :wave:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Lingard is a far better player than CMS.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
No. CMS demonstrated that he's quite simply not match fit today. 20 minutes is fine, but he's just not up to any more than that.

How do you come to that conclusion??? He wasn't exactly standing with his hands on his knees, coughing his guts up at full time. Played half hour or so on Friday and 20 mins today, I'd say that's good prep to start a game in four days time. If he runs out of puff after 65 mins then sub him, that's fair enough. But lets set out all guns blazing to get the game won and put to bed early doors.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
But he can pass forward instead of sideways and backwards. March was anonymous today - possibly not in his best position?

I agree about March, looked out of depth today, but I would not replace him with Lopez. Why not start with Augustein, or put Ince in, alongside Stephens and in front of Andrews.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
I'm not sure if Lingard's loan arrangement permits him to be left out.

I really hope this isn't true. I wouldn't be happy with the idea that we're allowing other clubs to interfere with our team selection. Probably being naive and unrealistic, but if this is true then I'd be very disappointed with whoever agreed to it.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Ulloa had one of those games today where he was almost invisible. Might as well give CMS a go on Friday.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We don't know how fit CMS really is, so it's a difficult call for us to make.
I had some sympathy with LuaLua today. I thought the ref was very poor and gave him, and the rest of the team, very little. KLL was kicked, barged, obstructed etc so it was to his credit that he kept going and, to be fair, was the one most likely to get past their defence and put a cross in.
Overall it was all very poor but credit Blackpool in their goal and their fighting spirit that could yet see them avoid the drop. Will Yeovil put up such a fight? I imagine they will, God help us!

It's interesting the number of comments on Radio Sussex post match stating they felt Lua Lua dived and cheated a lot

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
I agree about March, looked out of depth today, but I would not replace him with Lopez. Why not start with Augustein, or put Ince in, alongside Stephens and in front of Andrews.

Agustien is too fat to get down the tunnel and the pitch is not wide enough to play him alongside anyone.

I'd settle for Ince but I do think Lopez has the ability to open a defence with his passing. and his penalties!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I really hope this isn't true. I wouldn't be happy with the idea that we're allowing other clubs to interfere with our team selection. Probably being naive and unrealistic, but if this is true then I'd be very disappointed with whoever agreed to it.

I just wonder (I don't know) and was thinking, somebody raised it today and also added that he can't be substituted until 70 min plus, which when I cast my mind back, I can't recall him being taken off until about then. Acker may have some stats to disprove this theory.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
He was the only one who showed a bit of pace and passion today when he came on.
Lua Lua's one trick failed time after time and Lingard was like Bambi with a hernia. Was March on the pitch?

I'd play CMS, Lopez and Buckley(legs permitting) from the off on Friday. Maybe this is not the time for the young uns.

LUA LUA was our best attacker today , should of taken Lingard off earlier not lua lua . Lingard has had one decent home performance since joining , that was against Charlton. March is so over rated here on NSC . cant cross a ball , fail to see what he offers at the moment . I think the whole midfield needs to work harder

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
CMS has to start up top with Ulloa, and they will rip Yeovil apart.

But Oscar will set it up the same as he has all season, and unless we score early, we'll probably scrape another hard earnt point! Lets hope Forest and Reading slip up a few more times!!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The blokes behind me call him 'unlucky Craig' and, between us we said 'unlucky Craig' at least six times in those 20 minutes, starting with when the ball hit the back of his head.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here