Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dale Stephens

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
The MOM award seems to be a standing joke. Invariably it seems to be awarded to whoever our goalscorers are. I find it hard to take seriously.

St Leonards Seagull

Jul 10, 2012
Apart from the goal Stephens was terrible, as were the rest of the team.
Stephens struggled to make 2 consecutive complete passes in the second half, I was exasperated at the amount of times he gave the ball away.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Must admit thought Dale was the best of a bad bunch and that Kaz should have stayed on as he was gradually getting the whole Blackpool team booked and eventually we could have seen a red

Must admit thought Dale was the best of a bad bunch and that Kaz should have stayed on as he was gradually getting the whole Blackpool team booked and eventually we could have seen a red

Spot on. Why take Kaz off when he just put their central defender on a card. Stephens has to take part of the responsibility for the lack of fluency in our passing and midfield play today.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Oh come on, he can also pass back pretty well too.

He sometimes manages to do this over a distance of six yards too. I don't mind him playing passes sideways and backwards, what I mind is him doing so when there's a forward pass available. Ince instead of Andrews on Friday please.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Not afraid to take the ball in sometimes difficult positions which is why he will give the ball away.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Damning with faint praise.

Stephens was better than Solly.
Stephen Hawkins would have been better than Solly.

Not clouded by having money on March to score today, in any way shape or form.

And yet you didn't start a thread about March, but did about Stephens. I'll be interested to see how their scores both end up when Acker announces them in a few days time.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And yet you didn't start a thread about March, but did about Stephens. I'll be interested to see how their scores both end up when Acker announces them in a few days time.
Because Solly got carted off at half-time, and Stephens was named MotM.

Clearly I agree with one decision, the other beggers belief, hence the thread.
It's not rocket science.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But it doesn't begged belief from quite a few people it seems
and yet four minutes later...

...That's because his passing was bloody awful today, he gave the ball away on almost ever occasion he passed the ball forward!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think the quite a few still stands...maybe look back in forty minutes
It's a shame some people are clearly prepared to forgive anything for the sake of one, albeit great, goal.

Although not a bigger shame as the fact although poor, today, clearly DS was a long way from being the worse performer.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here