Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion strikers INCLUDING ULLOA, aren't very good

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Ulloa has done incredibly well for us. He has 25 goals in 50 starts. That is a great record and he is a player every team in the division would love to have. It is all the more impressive when you consider that we are generally a very boring team lacking in creativity and imagination. He is often asked to play upfront alone with no other player close to him and the ball fired at him at head height into positions he cannot possibly score from. What's more, none of his team-mates aim to take the weight off his shoulders when it comes to scoring goals, and we play him for 90 minutes in every single match, unlike most teams who build a squad that isn't so dangerously reliant on one man. In these most testing circumstances for a striker he still has a goal every two games. Just imagine how many he'd have if we looked to attack and play to his strengths by reaching the byline and putting in good crosses.

agreed

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Chris Wood would be a great signing this summer?

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Ashley Barnes scored today......
Point proved. If someone that shit can score as part of a partnership, imagine was our strikers could do, if Garica played to their strengths!

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Chris Wood would be a great signing this summer?
Is this the same Chris Wood who some said was shit on here. Maybe Sam Vokes, we could get him, but some said he was shit whn he was here.

Some didn't even rate Murray, and he seems to have done alright for himself.

Maybe its just Brighton that struggles to bring the best out of strikers.

After all, listen to some and they'll have you believe CMS is pony as well!!

Bet you if Ulloa or CMS went elsewhere next season, and play in a side that suited their style, we could add them to the list of strikers who some on here didn't rate, yet done well when they moved on!

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Ulloa has done incredibly well for us. He has 25 goals in 50 starts. That is a great record and he is a player every team in the division would love to have. It is all the more impressive when you consider that we are generally a very boring team lacking in creativity and imagination. He is often asked to play upfront alone with no other player close to him and the ball fired at him at head height into positions he cannot possibly score from. What's more, none of his team-mates aim to take the weight off his shoulders when it comes to scoring goals, and we play him for 90 minutes in every single match, unlike most teams who build a squad that isn't so dangerously reliant on one man. In these most testing circumstances for a striker he still has a goal every two games. Just imagine how many he'd have if we looked to attack and play to his strengths by reaching the byline and putting in good crosses.

Who the feck has hacked your account
Good assessment 👍

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Oh he played today, I didnt notice.

The thing with him, he does come up with a goal. He might not do sh!t the whole game, but score a header or something.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Is this the same Chris Wood who some said was shit on here. Maybe Sam Vokes, we could get him, but some said he was shit whn he was here.

Some didn't even rate Murray, and he seems to have done alright for himself.

Maybe its just Brighton that struggles to bring the best out of strikers.

After all, listen to some and they'll have you believe CMS is pony as well!!

Bet you if Ulloa or CMS went elsewhere next season, and play in a side that suited their style, we could add them to the list of strikers who some on here didn't rate, yet done well when they moved on!

I thought Chris Wood did well here for an 18 year old. Murray looked quality from his first game for us. The fans who didn't rate these sort of players when they played for us, usually are the sort of fans who put power and pace over touch and intelligence whilst whinging at any attempt to try something cultured and classy. Bruno is an example, a brilliant footballer who can change a game with just one moment of brilliance, if he loses the ball though, he's got the whole stadium on their feet moaning at him!
I wonder why we don't get the best out of our players?

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I thought Chris Wood did well here for an 18 year old. Murray looked quality from his first game for us. The fans who didn't rate these sort of players when they played for us, usually are the sort of fans who put power and pace over touch and intelligence whilst whinging at any attempt to try something cultured and classy. Bruno is an example, a brilliant footballer who can change a game with just one moment of brilliance, if he loses the ball though, he's got the whole stadium on their feet moaning at him!

There is some truth to that TBF, when Bruno loses the ball trying to be too flashy, I also moan, but Im a massive fan of his. Anytime a player (especially a defender) loses the ball your gonna moan, if its a defender chances are the other team are gonna get a chance at goal, which is dangerous, but like you say, especially at this level you cant have it both ways, if you want continental style football you need to accept that players will lose the ball and fu*k up at times, we are not Barca or Bayern, being flash or encouraging that type of play will result in losing the ball at times. I would rather keep trying the type of football that we have and lose the ball trying to play attractive football.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Ulloa would have been better off trying to solve a Rubik Cube for much of today

(EDIT: The first half and most of the second)

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Ulloa is a very good striker. He's isolated but in our 4-3-3 he shouldn't be. Today we played with him up front and THREE supporting forward players KLL, Solly and Lingard. None of whom were able to get close to him. That changed a bit when CMS and Buckley came on and tried to link up.

I don't think it would change in a 4-4-2 with the same starters. Lingard is inexperienced, while KLL just seems to be on another planet.

If we were able to start with a front 3 of CMS, Ulloa and Buckley then I think things would be different.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Ulloa isn't getting any help at the moment.

We have been very unlucky injury wise with CMS and Hoskins,

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th

Probably because when Bruno loses the ball it's usually in a position that drops us right in the shyte!!

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
As a club we're a great judge of strikers....What two things do Wood, Murray, Vokes and Barnes have in common?

Ulloa is not the problem. The system leaves him too isolated and there isn't enough competition for spaces. His goalscoring record is good and he normally puts in a shift. I think some quite understandable frustration has kicked in laterly but I don't necessarily blame the player for this.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here